PC Flank Test Failure

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by TerryWood, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

I just tested my LnS firewall enhanced rule set. It failed the Browser privacy test as per comments below. It advises adjusting my firewall to block such information. HOW DO I DO THIS PLEASE? I have Opera 8.51

"Browser privacy check

The test checked if your web browser reveals any private information while you visit Web sites. Usually such information is: the last site visited, your locale and who your Internet Service Provider is.

Danger!
    While visiting web sites your browser reveals private information about you and your computer. It sends information about previous sites you have visited. It may also save special cookies on your hard drive that have the purpose of directing advertising or finding out your habits while web surfing.

Recommendation:
    We advise you to get personal firewall software. If you already have a firewall program adjust it to block the distribution of such information."

Many thanks

Terry

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi Terry,

Look 'n' Stop doesn't provide a way to block the referer field in HTTP requests, so there is nothing in Look 'n' Stop that will help passing this test.

However, with Opera I thought this was a built-in feature (to be configured somewhere ?)

Regards,

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.