PC Double-digit growth Q2-2003

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by AplusWebMaster, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster Registered Member

:) FYI...good news!

PC Shipments Return To Double-Digit Growth for First Time In Nearly Three Years
    http://www4.gartner.com/5_about/press_releases/pr16july2003d.jsp
    "Driven in part by highly competitive pricing, worldwide PC shipments totaled 32.8 million units in the second quarter of 2003, a 10 percent increase from the same period last year, according to preliminary results from Gartner, Inc..The worldwide PC market has not experienced double-digit shipment growth since the third quarter of 2000...U.S. PC shipments in the second quarter of 2003 increased 11.1 percent...as the market received a boost from the consumer and education segments..."

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

but won't this mean PC price increases along with demand?

3. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

will maybe they will figure it out that when they make there pc more afordiable every one wants one

i hope they jack the price up this year that way no one buys and the year after the price drops to 600 lol then i come buy and get a sweet machine lol

no body tell them he he he they dont know the more afordiable the mopre they sale

i belive this year they will be greedy he he he and none will sale year after i will score a nice pc on a reduce price lol

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Lucky I got mine while demand was down :cool:
    Still didn't feel cheap lol
    all the same it's like real estate when everyone's buyin' it's gonna be a seller's market again! Simple economics - they need to study their supply and demand curves :-*

5. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

most companys dont they jack it up next thing they know there hurting and cant figure out why

6. AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster Registered Member

;) If it means more jobs (and it should), I am all for it.

"Cut-throat competition" has been going on in the industry since it began. It's not likely to go away anytime soon, so don't be too worried about PC prices, unless M$ has something in mind...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.