PC crash after AVG update - false positive problem

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by blacknight, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Nice of them but I myself would like a refund on the unused year on the 10 two year licenses we bought at work. After 3 major screw ups in the last 2 weeks I am not going to run AVG anymore. This includes this issue, the problem where internet connectivity was lost, and the Adobe Flash is a trojan issue. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/14/avg_false_positive_flash/

Goodbye AVG...

2. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

I deed, but fail to see your point, good you be more specific.

Btw, There was a update in the dutch article, where there was a response from Nod32 and Gdata. And the repsonse from NOD32 is the same as the reply from Rmuffler

Rick den Breejen van NOD32 ontkent in alle toonaarden dat ook dit pakket last had van de verkeerde definties. ,,ESET NOD32 heeft geen last van genoemde problemen en gebruikt al helemaal niet dezelfde virusdefinities. NOD32 gebruikers hebben geen last en wij hebben geen meldingen gekregen''.

,,Wij hebben al contact gehad met AVG voor een rectificatie en de mededeling van voorbereiding van een claim, maar in paniek werd daar de telefoonverbinding verbroken. Wij vragen ons dan ook af of AVG, na deze tegenslag en het in paniek valselijk wijzen naar concurrenten, in staat is een rectificatie te maken.''

Ook G Data reageert bij monde van Jan van Haver op de aantijgingen van Paul Jansen: ,,G Data gebruikt niet de virusdefinities die in deze berichtgeving worden genoemd. Bij hen zijn deze problemen dan ook niet bekend en zij hebben hierover ook geen klachten binnengekregen.''

And this is a online translation,

Rick den Breejen of NOD32 in strongly denies that this package last had the wrong definitions. ,, ESET NOD32 does not suffer from these problems and used alone is not the same virus. NOD32 users are not affected and we have received no reports''.

,, We have already had contact with AVG for a correction and the preparation of a notice of claim, but there was panic in the phone disconnected. We also ask us whether AVG, after this setback and in panic falsely certified to competitors, is able to make a correction.''

G Data also responds through Jan van Oats on the allegations of Paul Jansen:,, G Data does not use the virus in these reports are mentioned. In them, these problems do not know this and they have also received no complaints

3. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Indeed... They do NOT use the same definitions, the quote is wrong, nonsense, BS, whatever you choose. End of story.

4. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

I see. Thx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.