PC-Cillin 2004 for only $17.99

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bellgamin, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I always check amazon.com before buying software, because they sometimes have great deals not found elsewhere.

I just now checked something there, & ran across a great price for PC-Cillin 2004: $17.99 after rebate. To get the rebate, you must be upgrading from Norton or an old version of PC-C. Rebate dies on 12/31/04.

I'm not interested, but thought maybe someone here might be. Here's the link...

Amazon Rebate Offer

2. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

bellgamin,

So kind of you. I have all systems covered to well past expire date of rebate or I might be interested. Always looking for a deal :cool:

Hope you are well. Thanks again. :D

3. hbkh16

hbkh16 Guest

You might wan't to wait, I'm beta testing the soon to be released TM PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005 and I find it to be much improved over 2004. Not quite as ugly either! ;)

4. Arin

Arin Registered Member

is it an internal BETA? because i couldn't find the beta in their website.

5. hbkh16

hbkh16 Guest

It was by invitation only, I would post some screenshots but think that would violate the confidentially agreement. I can say it has a MUCH improved interface (the orange is gone for starters), *new* updater, *new* privacy controls, better spyware detection (go figure huh? :)), *new* windows vulnerability checker, *new* turbo scan feature (smiliar to the way kaspersky 5 scans, if its done it before and it hasen't changed it gets skipped.), improved installer (firewall is not installed by default anymore and neither are the anit-spam or email checker controls) and a lot more!

You won't be disappoint with the version!

hbkh

6. hbkh16

hbkh16 Guest

7. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

i cant download the beta i signed up but it wont log into there server? anyone else have this problem?..i use 2004 but was curious !! :rolleyes:

8. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

It sounds much improved. I had PC-Cillin 2003 and really liked it until I (and two others at just about the same time) found and reported to Trend a terrible bug in tmproxy.exe. Trend first said they would issue a patch quickly then said instead they would fix it in the 2004 version which was about to go into beta at the time the bug was discovered. I had to stop using PCC because of the bug and I had 6 months left on my license. Sadly, it was not fixed in 2004. Do you know if it is fixed for 2005? (This bug caused gradual corruption of tmproxy.exe forcing a reboot about every 8 hours of internet use otherwise the results from the corruption made it impossible to surf. Those who turned off their boxes overnight usually didn't surf long enough before shutting down to see the effects of the bug. But it was quite a bug for those of us who never turn off our computers, surf a lot and don't reboot often).

Does the beta allow for updating the pattern files?

Does the turbo scan feature attach ADS tags to all files using NTFS? Can the feature be declined?

9. maddawgz

I got it going ..doesnt seem a huge improvment imho? ok it has spyware scan seperate box but didnt it do that in the general scan in 2004? what does the system security thingo do? it didnt scan sat there !!!...ill keep it to dec when the liscence expires see how i go? it did find 3 spyware in pc..on the first scan..so what happens after the beta? do we just update our liscence o_O? i seen on the site theyre giving out 75 dollar vouchers to the testers randomly..whoohooo! lol..anyhow glad it updates 2.... i have my 2004 in the folder sitting there ready to install later again...regards maddawgz

10. maddawgz

newer isnt always better

Took if off staying with ye olle faithful 2004 :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.