PC card Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by controler, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

I have received yet another spam from Centercode.
    Even though I am over qualified to beta test their products, they hane not chosen me once yet.
    What makes me mad is the questions they ask of us to apply. They gather much personal information.

Here is the link if your are interested in trying to get approval to
    beta test a PC Card Firewall...(Hardware)

http://www.centercode.com/callout/default.asp?callid=12

2. Neil White

Neil White Guest

I am the main Web Programmer/DBA for Centercode. I received an E-mail from controler about 5 minutes ago and have decided to post the e-mail I sent to him so that no one thinks that we SPAM people, as it is the choice of each person and we have the opt out footer.

-------------------------
    E-mail Start

We supply a service for our customers that want to do beta testing. I am sorry that you are not being chosen for any of the tests. We have limited availability. You can choose to not be an evaluator at anytime and we will delete your personal information anytime you choose. We do not sell or give away any personal information about our beta testers, unless they sign an NDA that specifically says that the Company doing the testing needs the personal information of each individual tester. Even at that point it is the testers choice to not sign up for the test.

I am sorry you feel you have to resort to submitting our web server to a security forum that will try to get at your personal information. I do not feel that we have any personal information on the site that will harm anyone if somehow it was stolen. I am personally signed up to NT Bug Traq and Bugtraq e-mail groups and try to keep on top of every security alert out there. But as always there is always a chance that someone can break into a system. We try to the best of our knowledge to keep intruders out. We do not ask for Credit Card numbers, Social Security numbers. We only ask for information that is pertinent to our Tester choosing.

You can choose to fill out as much or as little information you feel is enough to get on a test.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to be selected for betas, or if you would like me to remove your name.

Thank You,
    Neil White
    neil (at) centercode (dot) com
    Centercode, Inc.

E-mail End

Our company is not in the business of SPAMMING people. We keep our e-mails to the point and always allow people to opt out. I am sorry if anyone feels we are spamming.

Thank you,
    Neil (neil (at) centercode (dot) com)

3. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Neil White,
    So let the man test your product !
    Based on his very knowledgeable posts about various aspects of PC and internet security, it would be agreed upon by numerous people at this forum and many others I'm sure, that "Controler" is qualified to Beta-test your product.
    It would be good for your Corp. if the product tests well. And forums like this one are a great place to promote your product, if indeed it is found to be a good product ! ;)

regards,
    bill

4. controler

controler Guest

eyespy , thanks for sticken up for me . I am in your debt.

I wonder what he ment buy

"I am sorry you feel you have to resort to submitting our web server to a security forum that will try to get at your personal information. "

Sounds like he is saying the security forum will try get at your personal info ?

5. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Let's keep this discussion on a professional level, guys. A lot of manufacturers don't even both to reply, let alone register. :)

6. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

My pleasure!! ;)
    bill

7. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Checkout,
    I'll bet the farm that Mr. White came back for another peek !! :D

regards,
    bill ;)

8. neilwhite

neilwhite Registered Member

I am very interested in what people have to say about our company. We are trying to provide a service that we feel will make products better. We are not actually making the firewall so we have no choice over the credentials that they choose as Beta Testers for their given product.

I am sorry that someone is upset with our company. We are not in the business to make people upset.

I do apologize again for any misunderstanding.

9. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Neil, I think that's pretty fair (and restrained).

10. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Indeed, to reply personallly is good, it seems fair to me.
    The man seems honourable to me, if he/they were 'shonky' then we would have heard no more I believe.

11. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

I hate to ask.....
    but what is "shonky" ?? :D

regards,
    bill :D :D

12. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

It means a bit 'dodgy', of dubious business reputation, or untrustworthy.
    Hope that helps. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.