PayPal Secure Card

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Meriadoc, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

mashable

2. osip

osip Registered Member

nice features...but, do you really need to give out your real bank account to paypal to use the "secure card"...should be enough with valid paycards...or do I miss something here?

3. osip

osip Registered Member

additional info concerning outside U.S:

4. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

osip-

Our concerns are similar. I finally agreed and linked my bank account with Paypal. I did it because in doing so I am limiting the exposure of my credit card, and bank account information to one entity.

It feels more secure to me than giving everyone I deal with my credit card number, or bank account number.

I can't advise anyone else. That was just my reasoning. On the other hand, if, like I did, you do make that concession to Paypal, I suggest you do as I do, and insist that merchant's who display the Paypal symbol accept your payment via Paypal. A lot of them whine about their checkout system having some problem and it would be easier FOR THEM if you used a major credit card instead. Make them do what you want to do. I don't feel like handing out my credit card numbers to make it easier for someone else.

Again, that's just my way of looking at it. If I am off base, then someone will feel free to point it out.

-HandsOff

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    I have 1 bank with 1 acct thats only for PP & eBay. It's isolated.

All other interests are with other concerns & not linked.

6. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Z-

That's an even better idea, only it would require more effort on my part because I prefer to pay cash which would necessitate my transferring funds to the account all the time. It is a better from a security standpoint. I could see myself setting up such an account at some point in the future!

7. osip

osip Registered Member

I figure the best way would be if you could make a cash withdraw from your paycard to Paypal account prior to your purchase and then go for the "secure card" ...A proposition for the future?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.