Pausing archiving?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by beethoven, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I did my first snapshot earlier today and it took about 2 hours for 13GB.
    Later I wanted to try creating an archive to be saved to a networked drive - this time the process is very slow - currently crawling along at less than 1000kb/sec. :(

Is this normal that going across a network would be slower? I seem to remember reading somewhere in the help file that it actually should be faster as reading and copying can be done at the same time o_O?

I might not want to stay up much longer. There is a "pause" button. Can I use this, shut down my system and tomorrow resume or will the pause only work if there is no shutdown in the meantime?:eek:

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I"ve never tried across a network, but my hunch would be slower. I archive only to 2nd internal and external drives. Very fast. Pause it. Bad idea. After the first build of an archive, it is very fast.

Pete

3. beethoven

Seems you are right :cool: - having read the help file again, the speed gain referred to second drive not networked drive.

Also, pausing overnight does not work :(

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I never risk something I am counting on to save my bacon. Just doesn't make sense.

Pete

5. beethoven

Of course you are absolutely right but at this stage I am still playing with the software, not yet relying on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.