Paul Wilders

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by eyespy, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Paul,
    are you trying to defer discussion about A-2 at this forum?
    I pm'd you twice to merge my first post about "More A-2" to the "A-2" discussion since you locked my post. I received no response about that request.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=16887

Now I've asked a rather very simple yes or no question in the "update area" about A-2 here. Again you locked that discussion.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=17199

If you would rather not have any discussion about the said program, just state it. I won't be offended. I just don't want to be wasting time asking questions or making comments/statements at this Forum that you may consider redundant!
    And BTW, the software in question is really not a big issue with me.
    Respectfully,
    bill

2. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

eyespy, hello and if I may interject...
    I looked over the thread that you are refferring to
    and what I believe Paul is trying to do(which all Adm. of forums try to do) Is have a nice clean set-up and not have a whole lotta threads
    concerning the same topic here and there and everywhere.
    Makes for a cleaner looking more professional and tidy house ;) ;)
    I do not think it was meant as a spiteful thing
    =just my 2cents=
    [move] :D :D[/move]

3. Douglas

Douglas Guest

Hi eyespy,
    I'm sure Paul will respond, but until then, just to let you know.
    I had a post in the update area removed by an admin after he explained to me that the update posting policy had changed.
    The policy says that we are not to start discussions about the software in the update thread.

Regards :),
    Douglas

4. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

I know the rules and etiquette of this Forum.
    Paul and the other Admins/Mods run a great forum and that's why it is well respected across the Security Realms of the Internet.

Maybe I'm being imaginative.Maybe I shouldn't have responded in the "update" thread.
    Maybe, I should've opened a new thread on the latest release of A-2. Would that have been locked as well?
    I believe that some threads become so far off track and aloof of the original topic, that sometimes your own question/comment is lost and overlooked in these kinds of mixed threads. That's why I started a new thread on A-2.
    Like I stated previously, the software in question is a non-issue. Sometimes I scratch my melon over these trivial issues.

bill

5. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

i thought that a-2 thing was dead

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi Eyespy; I am also very sure that Paul will respond as soon as he reads this.

However, I can speak for him on a couple of your questions.

Regarding the update section, we want no discussion whatsoever there because the threads are deleted when the next update for that particular software comes out. If there was discussion on those threads, all the information contained therein would be lost to future reference.

In regards to the A-2 threads, I am pretty sure the desire was just to have the discussion focused in one thread. This was partly affected by the fact that there was a little "garbage" getting posted in that thread which required us to keep a close eye on it. The posts I refer to as "garbage" are no longer there; they were inflammatory and not part of the discussion, and removed at once.

I do not think a new thread on an A-2 update wouldbe locked, and I can personally guarantee you that Paul Wilders wants any/all software to be discussed on his forums.

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Bill,

It appears it has pretty much been explained in the replies above. There is no attempt to silence discussions regarding a² in this forum. To confirm this let me point you to a couple items. First, in the update alert itself you will notice my name (well my nick ;) ) posted in there. I would not help Andreas on the one hand and then be a part of preventing discussions of his product in this forum.

Next, in the two threads you linked Paul's own quotes in each case pointed out the reasons for them being locked. The Update Alert thread was closed for the same reason any Update Alert thread gets closed, we just don't want to have discussions in those threads because they'll be lost when the thread is deleted at some point in the future. And the "More A-2" thread was occurring at the exact same time as the other "a-2" thread, so it was best to focus the discussions to one thread or the other. Since you had pretty much wrapped up your specific point by saying "Thanks Primrose! I'll wait for the "Full Trial Version". I did not realise that their was another version in the making!", that was a good time for Paul to close it.

As to merging it with the other a-2 thread, the problem is that the board gives us not post sequencing options when we merge. The posts will all fall into the other thread in date & time order (mixed with the posts of the other thread). It'd be very hard to read with your thread's replies mixed with all the others. It wouldn't be clear at all, and in fact some of the answers would look real funny with the posts that would end up right above and below them.

I hope this explains the situation a little better for you.

Best Wishes,
    Mike

8. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Tell me LWM,
    how is it you always make sense? :D
    In any regard, I feel better now that I've vented! :p

Regards,
    bill :)

9. LowWaterMark

Not a problem, Bill. ;)

Hmm, we need a little venting Smiley. I'll have to ask Snap about that. :D

10. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

11. LowWaterMark

12. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

13. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

14. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Hey guys/gals,
    your going to get my post locked again (off topic) :D :D :D

Just kidding of course ;)
    Enjoy and have fun!!

Regards,

15. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Neither: [​IMG]

16. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Bill,

First: apologies for not responding to your IM's in time. I'm getting approx. 40 - 50 IM's a day, therefore I'm bound to pick up the ones that need to be addressed urgently by nature first. I do hope you'll understand ;).

As for the rest: I've nothing to add to LWM's (as ever very to the point) response.

regards,

paul

17. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Spoken from a true politician! ;)

Regards,

18. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Bill,

Ouch...that really does hurt :p

regards,

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.