Patition Merged, I lost my operating system

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Icarus Tang, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icarus Tang

Icarus Tang Registered Member

I realized that my system drive is short of free space on the C partition, so I tried to resize the partitions using the Automatic Wizard.

My original C partition is 10GB and I merged it with my 10GB D partition. During the process it asked me to create a folder called BACKUP. After the merge, I can see a new 20GB C partition,but all my original C Partion system file are in the backup folder. When the machine start it shows system cannot be found.

Via the rescue media I can see all my files but there is no way I can move the system files out of the BACKUP folder.

Please help!

2. Icarus Tang

here is the report for reference

Attached Files:

3. Icarus Tang

"Could you please try attaching your hard drive (with Backup folder) to another computer, boot the computer (not from your drive but from one that is already attached to it). Then please create new folder, say Backup2 on your first drive and put all folders and files from it (expect folder named Backup) to Backup2. Now please select all the contents of Backup folder, cut and paste it to the root.

Then please try attaching the drive back to your computer and please try booting it.

Please inform us about the results." Please find the result as attached.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.