Patch Tuesday Windows Update Problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheKid7, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I broke the rule on all three of my Windows XP Pro PC's: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

After doing the Windows Patch Tuesday "Critical Updates", I decided to do most of the "Optional" Windows Updates.

IE8 now opens with an error (when opened out of the Sandbox). IE8 seems to work after the Updates, but if I click on Windows Update in the Toolbar I get the error "Error number: 0x800A0046"

The "Best Solution" to this problem is to "Restore an Image" and don't add any of those "Optional Windows Updates".

Attached Files:

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

3. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I checked all three PC's and only two of them have the problem. The problem was most likely related to very numerous NetFramework Updates on those two PC's.

I have already restored a two week old image to one PC and performed the "Critical Updates". The problem is gone from that PC.

4. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

I had no problems with my monthly Super Tuesday Windows 7 updates this morning. :thumb:

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

No problems with windows updates here.Ive never experienced any issues and the only optional update i received was for the bing toolbar which i have hidden.

6. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.