Password storer and form filler???

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by blusky, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blusky

blusky Registered Member

I am looking around for a good Password storer and form filler. I have read a little about Lastpass and Roboform.

Just want to know what peeps are using and why they think is best. How secure are your passwords especially if they are stored on a server for access from any computer. I use both Internet explorer and Firefox.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

I used Roboform for a long time and it works very well. However, it costs $$$ and I used to have the occasional glitch with their activation thingie.

With version 7 Roboform reneged on the "lifetime licenses". Apparently they decided our lives had lasted long enough. At this point I switched to LastPass and I'm quite pleased with it. It's free, no activation crap, cross-platform, etc. etc.

Here's a Security Now podcast in which Steve Gibson talks about the research he'd done on the encryption and security of LastPass. You have to fast forward it a ways to get to that part.

3. Spruce

Spruce Registered Member

LastPass is awesome :)

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Another vote for LastPass. I was hesitant to use it but once I tried it I actually paid them for it. Not because I needed the paid features but because I felt it was that good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.