Password storer and form filler???

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by blusky, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blusky

blusky Registered Member

I am looking around for a good Password storer and form filler. I have read a little about Lastpass and Roboform.

Just want to know what peeps are using and why they think is best. How secure are your passwords especially if they are stored on a server for access from any computer. I use both Internet explorer and Firefox.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

I used Roboform for a long time and it works very well. However, it costs $$$ and I used to have the occasional glitch with their activation thingie.

With version 7 Roboform reneged on the "lifetime licenses". Apparently they decided our lives had lasted long enough. At this point I switched to LastPass and I'm quite pleased with it. It's free, no activation crap, cross-platform, etc. etc.

Here's a Security Now podcast in which Steve Gibson talks about the research he'd done on the encryption and security of LastPass. You have to fast forward it a ways to get to that part.

3. Spruce

Spruce Registered Member

LastPass is awesome :)

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Another vote for LastPass. I was hesitant to use it but once I tried it I actually paid them for it. Not because I needed the paid features but because I felt it was that good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.