Partner Program

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by amoeba, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amoeba

amoeba Registered Member

Just curious about:
    http://www.spywareguide.com/blockfile.php

Where I discovered what they call a "block" file that is supposed to do what SpywareBlaster does.They're offering 3 versions.Two for free,and one is for sale.From what I can see,SpywareBlaster looks superior.

What caught my attention is that they use language very similar to what is on the JavaCool site.Just wondering if the two sites are affiliated?
    Thanks,Rich

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hi Rich,

Dont think they are affiliated.

Never heard of that, am keen to get some opinions too. I am pretty sure its not a Javacool software if his site
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/ gives any hint about his programs .

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi amoeba
    looking through the JC pages, you will see they have nothing to do with each other in no way. What's the name for piggybacking on somebody else's good name and fame? And JC helping out a lot of users who did not notice the truths in time? JC is famous for very good tools, and they're all for free.

4. amoeba

amoeba Registered Member

Thanks for the fast replies!

I pretty much knew the answer to my own question,but since the contact button at JavaCool sends me here,I thought the best way to publicize this info was to post it here.

To plagiarise is a shameful thing,and all efforts should be made to bring it to light!I've already posted such in the forum that sent me to the "block" file in the first place.

I've been using SpywareBlaster for some time,have donated and will do so again.
    Rich

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

To the best of my knowledge the person/people behind the Spyware-Guide site are fair and honest fighters against spyware, just like Javacool. The Spyware-Guide site has been online for about a year (as far as I'm aware) and I know that Javacool is fully aware of the site and product. See this old thread over at DSLR - Security Forum:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,5956554~mode=flat

Since then, Spyware-Guide has made regular updates to their block file, as I've seen it announced in various update alert locations. To my mind I look at that list as another person trying to do what they can against spyware purveyors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.