Partition Table Errors

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by drac, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drac

drac Registered Member

In build 889 I selected the Active Acronis Startup Recovery Manager.

It rebooted and did a bunch of stuff with parititions - my diskhas drives C, E, F, G and H plus whatever Dell put on it plus the Acronis Secure Zone.

After the reboot - everthing worked BUT PartitionMagic could no longer access the drive saying that some partitions started at illegal places - specifically at a sector of 6 instead of 1. According to PM all partitions must start at sector 1 of Cyl/HD.

Again, the system works but I can no longer make changes to partitions. PM said the only cure is to use FDISK to wipe the hard disk and start over. However when I did a restore, Acronis set the partitions back to their illegal values (the backup I used was made AFTER the problem occurred).

Is there any way to get TI to go back and reset the partitions to "legal" places and MOVE DATA as needed. I can change the partition start sector but since the data did not move I got MBR errors when trying to boot.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello drac,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please send a letter with Acronis Report (please see Acronis post for the detailed instructions) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.