Partition on a Dell Dimension

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by railroader66, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. railroader66

railroader66 Registered Member

Hello,
    before purchasing the program Acronis Disk director suite,I would like to find out if it would function on my pc.
    This is my question:I have a Dell dimention 9150 with windows xp.I have 1 partition on my harddisk (C:)of 235 gigabyte.On this partition there are 3hidden files if I understand it correctly.One of them is the Dell utility(fat) ,
    the second is a Dell localdisk (*:)cp/m,and as third an unalocated.
    If I want to partition this C drive into 2 partitions C and D,would there be any danger of these hidden files by Dell (Dell utilities),who are being used for pc restore,not function any longer when restore?
    I do not want to take the risk of purchasing the program before being sure nothing will go wrong.
    Friendly greetings,
    Railroader.

2. goplant

goplant Registered Member

I have a Dell Dimension 5000. The hard disk has two hidden partitions for Dell Restore and Utilities and also the C: partition - total 250 Gb SATA. Using the trial version of Disk Director 10 it seemed simple to reallocate the unused space on C: to create a new logical partition D:.
    Unfortunately, you are not ablt to commit the action in the trial version. Having purchased the product I found that it failed to work - freezing half way through the process with an error message saying "Invalid Partition Size". Since then Acronis Support have asked me for numerous log files and screen shots to no avail. They do not seem to know why it wont work.
    You need to decide how alike our systems are; I am sure there must be other Dell users who have had more luck with this product.
    Reluctantly, I have had to request a refund from Acronis, but no luck on this so far either.

3. Flame On

Flame On Guest

Only after numerous attempts was I able to partition my hard disk with Acronis.

I've always used Partition Magic Pro 8 - but with my new Dell 9150 - no go!

Was able to create a partition, eventually... enlarge that one and then partition it again to create another drive.

But like I said, it took several goes.

Good luck

4. ktakashi

ktakashi Registered Member

I think the full ver. Disk Director Suite worked for me.

I just bought a Dell dimension 5150.
    yes, like yours 3 prim. partitions, 2 being Dell diagnositic util and Dell recovery
    util.
    The biggest partition, C drive NTFS, I split into two using "split operation"
    and it did it. I just don't know how to change the drive letter of newly
    created drive from "F" to "D". And change my DVD drive letters from
    "D" to something else.

Can Disk Director do this? I know P. Magic does...

5. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.