Partition Expert Boot Disk Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by SpikeUK, Nov 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpikeUK

SpikeUK Registered Member

Hi,

I have just loaded Acronis Partition Expert Personal 2003 ( build 278 ) and am trying to use it for the first time.

During installation I was advised to create a boot disk, which I tried to do, and while the DVD writer seemed to be working normally, when I had finished I tried booting from the CD and the computer would not boot. I checked the CD in Explorer only to find that it was completly empty.

I tried again, using Start/Programs/Acronis Partition Expert/Bootable Rescue Media Builder, with exactly the same result - a blank disk.

My CDs and DVD writer work perfectly well the rest of the time, so can anyone shed any light on what is wrong, please?

I have also tried plugging in my old CD writer to try it on that, but when I reboot from the resulting CD, all I get is a blank screen with Acronis in the top left corner, with no way of moving on from that.

many thanks

Spike

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, SpikeUK

Welcome to you.

I may not be much help,

From what you say it appears that the second CD was written to.

The CD will appear blank in explorer as they are hidden files, but you should get the latest build of PE 2003 which is 292 and try that, and also try using CD-RW.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. SpikeUK

SpikeUK Registered Member

So when I have rebooted and got a blank screen with Acronis in the top left corner, how do I move on to something more interesting? I can not find any menus or controls, and the keyboard is inactive.

I got this version of Partition Expert from the November 2004 copy of Pc Pro magazine. I don't want to pay for a copy until I have established that I like it.

regards

Spike

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  5. George Hester

George Hester Registered Member

You have got to be kidding. Promotional like in watch it don't work? I have almost the same exact issue. So what am I to conclude? Got a nice name but doesn't work? Weird.

6. Acronis Support

Hello George,

The thing is that Acronis Partition Expert 2003 does work with the hardware devices that were present on the market when the product was released. Please also note that this version is rather old and we don't maintain it nowadays.

Thank you.

7. garciamag

garciamag Guest

I JUST purchased this program through NewEgg this morning. Now you're telling me that not only did this app wipe out my system (problem 1) but its not even a supported product? (problem 2). Now I have to rebuild a machine on Xmas eve so I can print some pictures for family (problem 3) and I have to find a way to get my money back from NewEgg (problem 4)

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING.

8. Acronis Support

Hello garciamag,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis products (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

Could you please clarify what product you purchased? Is it Acronis Partition Expert 2003 Personal edition, Acronis Partition Expert 2003 or Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0?

Please also describe what has happened with your machine so you need to rebuild it now. Please send a letter to support@acronis.com with Acronis Report attached and let me know the subject of this letter so I can help you right away:

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send us the report.txt file from the floppy disk.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.