Partition expert 2003 resize problem

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by DanStates, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanStates

DanStates Registered Member

Hello Everybody.

I have Acronis partiotn expert 2003 build 286 running in a Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4 machine.
    There is only one 200 GB hard disk.
    I had a problem because the C partition ran out of space and next to it was some unallocated space. The idea was to resize my C partition using that space.
    I use the program before to do somo other changes to other partionts and it worked perfectly.
    The disk structure looks like this now(ordered left to right):
    Disk: IBM Server RAID 6.10 Total size 205.1 GB
    C: NTFS. Free space 0.071 GB Total size 3.907
    Unallocated: Total Size 8.515
    D: NTFS. Free space 29.41 GB Total size 50.08 GB
    F: NTFS. Free space 53 GB Total size 100.2 GB
    Unallocated: 42.34 GB

C is the one with a red flag on it, the others have a green flag.

I did previously a resize of partiton F using some of the unallocated space at the end.
    Now I want to use all the size in the first unallocated space and add it to the C partition.

When I try to do that, I select the C partition from the graph, click on resize and it says analyzing partittion C, then just analyzing partition and the nothing happens. I cant resize it and it gives me no error at all.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

-Dan

2. DanStates

Hi again. I tried something diferent. I decided to increase de size of partition D to allocate the free space left from it. The, I had planned to increase the free space from C using free space from D. I selected the C drive as the one to increase the space to, and the D drive as the one to provide the space.

After the partition analysis, it gives an error that says "Acronis Partition Expert was not able to increase the free space on the selected partition. The current suze of the selected partition is the maximum posible".

How is this posible, C is NTFS so there isnt size limitation. Why is it that C dirve has a red flag and the rest a green flag?

-Dan

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, DanStates

Because it is at its Maximum, free space is used space [it is already formatted] when seen with by a Partitioning tool. [when resizing]

What you need to do is make some unallocated space at the front of D:\.

Use PE2K3 to resize D:\ [decrease], then increase C:\ into that space.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. DanStates

Hi, I appreciate your help. What you propose if the first thing I tried, you can see in the first post. I had 8gb between C and D that were unallocated, but the program couldnt assign the space. Could it be because its a primary and Activa partition?

If I boot with a boot disk will I be able to do it?

-Dan

5. Mawc

Mawc Guest

Can someone please tell me full instructions to decrease d:/ and increase c:/ please and thankyou
    Mason Cudney

6. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Why? Are you too lazy to read the fine manual - section 4.1.4 (page 47 and onwards)?

7. )\/(awc

)\/(awc Guest

i don't have any programs like that and i don't feel like buying one either...there has to be a way to resize my c:/ on a simple windows program...thank you

8. )\/(awc

)\/(awc Guest

were can i find this "manual" because i have no idea were to start with your instructions..read them over it doesn't tell u were to be wen u start...

9. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

The "manual" is included with the purchased software as a file.

10. )\/(awc

)\/(awc Guest

i don't have any software...can u tell me how to do it on a program alread on xp pro.

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello )\/(awc,

Please note that this Forum is intended to those who have questions concerning Acronis Disk Director Suite (and previous versions of it called Acronis Partition Expert). If you have any questions concerning Acronis software you are always welcome. It is unlikely that Windows itself is able to resize partitions.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

12. traveller

traveller Guest

I have a problem with acronis partition expert 2003.I was about to free some space from one partition to another when i made the stupid think to press cancel...Then the partition which whas supposed to free space couldnt been recognised..I did a check and a defragment and now it can be recognised BUT allthough selecting"properties" it says there are the files (as before) some files cant been display....Is there any way to regain the loss datao_O??
    (when i made the check some errors where found)
    pls help me!!

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello traveller,

Thank you for choosing Acronis PArtition Managing Software.

Could you please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? It will allow us to investigate your problem and make a conclusion concerning the possibility to recover files.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

14. non-smartbut

non-smartbut Guest

Just update to the 292 Version. It works fine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.