partition created only after defragmentation

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by cortez, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cortez

cortez Registered Member

I decided to use Disk Director 10 on my IBM thinkpad with a stand alone copy of XP on it (no bundled software package sitting on a factory restore disk). I have sucsessfully used DD10 to partition one of my other desktops with a logical drive (a celeron based Emachine with Xp bundled software). An error message stating that partitioning could not proceed due to BAD SECTORS came up (on the Think Pad) so I ran checkdsk and it said the drive was without bad sectors! I compacted my files by defragmenting the drive and sure as snow is white the partioning worked!! I expected Disk director 10 to move files as needed to create a partition, (I think this is what the manual states) perhaps two weeks of digesting the long-winded DD10 manual is not enough time to read- between-the-lines type of writing style of the manual. This has enbolded me to next try out more exotic tasks like multiple OS's, or multiple Hard Disks with different OS's on them (right now I switch cables between drives as needed) I expected Disk Director 10 to be user friendly and simple (as stated on the box) but it really isn't. Each compurer with XP bundled software is UNIQUE often with a slightly modified OEM version of windows (custom built OEM motherboards are not uncommon either [this means custom BIOS's]). I Hope my luck keeps up. For novices I recommend a complete read-between-the-lines reading of the manual BEFORE using ANY portion of Disk Director. For me much deduction and inference is necessary to rended the Disk Director manual useful. Fortunately this forum illuminates the manual and is a real time saver.

2. cortez

cortez Registered Member

P.S. I cannot overstate the need to have an iso image of your ENTIRE HARD DRIVE on DVD's before using Disk Director!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.