Partition copy of system partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by 5hady, Oct 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5hady

5hady Guest

Hi,

I have a 36Gbscsi drive which ?I am copying to a 72Gb scsi for our server at work. The old drive is split 14/22 into drives C and D respectivly.

Using the copy function (via the wizard) I copy the partitions, unchanged in size, to the new drive, there by leaving unllocated space.

When I attempt to boot into Windows 2000 Server I receive an error telling me lsass.exe is missing/corrupt and I need to drop in to Directory Services Recovery mode. On doing this I'm told there is no pagefile.sys, so basically I'm stuffed!

Any ideas any one?

Chris

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Management Software.

Please note that when you use the "Copy partition function" the drive letters may change. Probably your Windows copy is trying to find the pagefile.sys file on the C: drive and is unable to do this due to the drive letter reassignment. Please also note that you should use Acronis Migrate Easy or Acronis True Image for such purposes (transfer hard disk drive to a new system/cloning system) since Acronis Disk Director Suite is unappropriated for this.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.