Paragon SYSTEM Backup 10.5

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by janetb, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janetb

janetb Registered Member

How can I make a mask to exclude E:\DOWNLOADS? The setting options seems to want only files, and not folders, in spite of the fact that the dialogue windows says "files and folders". When I put in "E:\DOWNLOADS" (which is 130GB) as an exclude mask, it doesen't change the size of the required space at all....:-(....How do I write up a mask in order for the backup to know that it should exclude the Downloads folder on my E drive (which is a regular folder in E:---I do not use libraries)?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Hmmmm, I wonder if this compounded by younger folks who never used DOS and similar OSes? Using *.* and variants was as common as using the Windows' START button. :)

4. janetb

janetb Registered Member

Thanks. I'll give that a try and report back. You've done it a bit differently from the way they did it in the other thread....Should it be \* or \*.*? If either, isn't the shortest the best?

5. janetb

janetb Registered Member

Either younger or very old, like me (64 years old) who didn't get a computer till way after DOS....:)....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.