Paragon incremental backup: laptop to external HDD

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by robmar0se, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robmar0se

robmar0se Registered Member

Hi this my first post, so please forgive me if it transgress the protocols of this forum.

I have a couple of questions before deciding if Paragon backup is suitable

In essence we will be doing incremental backups of data files to an external hdd from a laptop running Windows.

We have at present the WD secure backup system. Pros: works automatically each time the hdd is plugged in. Cons: No idea what is going on during the backup no detail given, so no idea if it worked. Takes forever, no diagnostic when complete – conclusion: unsatisfactory

We have also used Retrospect which we like, does everything we like, addresses all issues that makes the WD secure backup system unacceptable. Major disadvantage is when the backup schedule is timed to run, if the external hdd is not present (or full), it marks it as faulty and attempts to create a backup elsewhere – this too is unsatisfactory.

How does Paragon Backup address these issues?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.