Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8.5 50% discount

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by farmerlee, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

You mean because 2 of his drives are called cd/dvd and those cs,ds and vs are confusing paragon ?

Thanks

2. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I think that Dell is an example of great hardware let down by poor software.
    Have you tried removing everything including hidden partitions and install Xp. I wouldn't be surprised to see Acronis and Paragon then work very well.

certainly - when it comes to laptops the first thing I do is clean everything off.

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I don't mind shelling out for IMAGING programs which preferably are Professional versions provided that they PROVE to work each and every time without fail unless it's something i done wrong. So far PARAGON is regaining my trust in imaging again after an absence of mine where i encountered some issues with a older model. Guess thats what i get for not keeping up with times and all the improvements that come along with them, like satisfaction.
    I seem to have always run into trouble with Personal Versions and one look at comparison charts and now i see why.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

@Easter,
    do you use the normal linux based cd made by the pack and burn wizard?
    or do you use a bartpe cd wiht paragon plugin?
    lodore

5. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Paragon has a news release that says they have a recovery cd based on the Windows PE environment. Has anybody heard about this and what products it is available for? The news release stated that it would be available for partition manager but was wondering if they intend to have them for their other products.

6. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Ditto, and ditto...

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

there is a tickbox for the winpe recovery cd with the paragon HDM8.5
    but its a typo.
    if you tick that box they send you a backup cd with the installer files of the program and the pack and burn wizard
    i found out when i ticked that box and got the wrong disc sent.
    lodore

8. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

9. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Thats all i ever used and all they always provided. I like the (4) Linux choices since if your system has problems running one theres a good chance one or more of the others WILL work just fine.

I tried my hand with BartPE and don't like it because it entails too much time to piece all those extras together such as plug-ins and that. I've done quite well without Bart. If it ever comes about like a USBD boot disk where EVERYTHING is packaged together then i might would consider it.

10. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

This program is very well done!!! :thumb:

I use it for Partitions and Backups...
    And the with the new version with the feature "Backup Capsule", I think that I can avoid to try the FirstDefense-ISR... ;)

11. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

That's my next bit of reading. I haven't a clue what "Backup Capsule" does but maybe you can fill us in on some of it's benefits. LoL Or eles i'll read into in the manual when i get some time.

12. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I still didn't tried this feature... ;)

From the help file and site:

13. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Paragon is getting more interesting all the time. Now if they'll just impliment Universal Restore. LoL

Thank You VaMPiRiC_CRoW for the brief on Capsule.

14. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

For me too... :D

I used to use Acronis TrueImage and Disk Director Suite, but since I tried this all-in-one, it became my favourite tool to manage my system... :)

15. aigle

aigle Registered Member

This capsule is nothing new. I don,t know why u are fascinated about it.
    It,s a feature of ATI and Ghost already and Paragon as well.

If there is something new about it, let me know.

16. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

You obviously been more travelled in IMAGING in much the same way like i been with malware related dealings, so for me anyway, it's new enough. LoL

From what i read it just reserves a small portion of the disk to access in case windows goes belly up. From that partition, or capsule, a user is then given a means to restore an IMAGE to recover his/her system. I think i got that much right. I still don't mind using the PARAGON BootCD instead though, it's chalked full of cool and useful features.

Regards:

17. incursari

incursari Registered Member

Backup Capsule in Paragon is just like ATI secure zone for you to store your backup archives. It’s hidden from the OS.

18. NCC_1927

NCC_1927 Registered Member

I purchased the "Hard Disk Drive nmanager 8.5" last night using the 70% discount. That included the download, backup CD for the download mailed to me & the Maintenance Service for less than $75.

19. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

My faith is once again restored with Imaging thanks in whole to PARAGON again. I had drifted away for awhile after depending on HDM 6.0 for so long that it just didn't occur to me that newer innovations and improvements were already long passed the table research stage and out into full distribution. Mostly though, malware research consumed ALL of my attention so often that Imaging didn't really come to mind untill something really crude possessed the hard drive system rendering it inoperable. My answer for that was to try to repair the registry or even reformat again since i kept backups of my installers and other programs on CD's.

I'm still a big fan of duplicating or Cloning to another Hard Drive as a precautionary measure as opposed to an image file. It's so much quicker to unplug a hard drive and insert your clone, plug in again and boot up then your right back in business again.

I do see the incremental/differential benefits in Image Files although i can just as easily ADD programs to the Cloned drive as well, but that's where the trade-off comes to play since in image files this apparently can be done faster then my manual approach.

All of this is interesting reading though. PARAGON is still center-stage for me and likely looks will remain that way for sometime to come. Good products & support plus a history of reliability makes for loyalty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.