Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 Internal Error copying Bitlocker partition on MBR to GPT

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by RMDEQ, Aug 9, 2016.

1. RMDEQ

RMDEQ Registered Member

Hello,

I have a registered copy of HDM15 and used it earlier this year to convert system drives to SSD's and M.2 drives on Windows 10.

Now, I have a 2TB spinner that has a partition I'm trying to copy to my new 4TB spinner. The 2TB spinner is MBR, and of course the new drive is GPT. And, the sole partition on the 2TB spinner is a 1,863 GB Bitlocker (unlocked) partition.

When I try to copy this partition, it gets a few seconds into it and then I receive an internal error. Is there a way to find out more about this internal error? Should this be expected to work? Is there a way to get this copied if pass the 1,863GB partition through a VHD temporarily stored on the new 4TB spinner?

I'm trying to avoid turning Bitlocker OFF on the 2TB spinner, because of how long the decryption might take, and I know that time is doubled because I'm just going to encrypt again. Would that work? Is that the only way to copy Bitlocker partitions from drive to drive? The HDM manual seems to indicate what I want to do is supported.

Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.