Paragon Hard Disk Manager 12

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Brian1179, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Brian1179

Brian1179 Registered Member

this program will not allow me to partition the main hard drive in my computer, it will allow me, however, to partition my external 3 GB hard drive. Whyo_O?

what i want and NEED to do is install Linux Mint in a dual boot configuration, but the program will not touch my main hard drive and i tried contacting Gateway and their tech support appears to act like they don't know what they are doing.

this is what i have
    Gateway core i3
    1 TB hard drive (internal)
    3 TB hard drive (external... usb 3.0)
    Windows 8 (this sucks)
    6 GB DDR3 RAM
    and a lot of other stuff

i want (need) to install Linux Mint in a dual boot configuration for school. i am going for a AAS in (of all things) Computer Information Tech (IT)

Thanks for any help here
    Brian1179

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Won't allow? What message does it give you? Any chance of a screenshot of diskmgt and paragon main window?

3. Brian1179

Brian1179 Registered Member

Yes, it states "The wizard has found a hard disk it cannot work with. Please note that this hard disk will not be available in the wizard":mad: :mad: :mad:

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Impossible to tell without a screenshot. Try windows disk management to get the screenie.

5. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

Maybe 1 TB hard drive (internal) is MBR and already has 4 primary (basic) partitions?

6. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Do you still need assistance with this? If so you may want to check how your 3TB disk is configured it would need to be a GPT volume to be properly recognized and formatted.

7. Alex_zx

Alex_zx Registered Member

Via Split partition Wizard 2Tb WD was split to two partitions (100Gb and 1,7Tb). On a disk were a data and disk was not active. After splitting, on one partition (100Gb) was copied system disk with win 2000 pro and partition marked active. After reboot OS doesn't boot with message "cannot find OS". As a result - I deleted 100G partition and merge to one. Now disk in OS seen as "local disk" and OS does not know what the file system on the disk.
    Further, I load the paragon recovery CD and see that that disk is o'k and file system is NTFS, further, I rebooted the comp right away and OS recognized disk as usual. If I turn off the comp and then turn on it then disk again be as "Local disk".
    I don't understand why after loading the "paragon recovery CD" disk become o'k?
    :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.