Paragon for accessing Recovery partition?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Canexicans, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Canexicans

Canexicans Registered Member

I had a Vista Media Centre PC but someone installed Windows 7 while I was away. I need to get it back to its original factory image. The Windows 7 is long expired and incompatible with my media drive anyway. It came with a Recovery drive D but I think (from researching) my PC cant see it to boot to because when whoever installed Windows 7 they formatted partion C.

However, I previously made a Paragon emergency disk (while stll Vista) When I boot using it I see the Recovery partition just fine.

My question is this, can the Paragon disk help somehow me get back to running a Vista machine? The entire utility runs when I boot with the CD. I have original Vista sticker too with registration number if needed. I need to format C partition too before installing anything.

Is there anything my Paragon emergency cd can do?

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

To restore the factory image, you have to use the software provided by the OEM, or use a boot medium created previously with the same software.

The Paragon boot medium will only restore an image created with it, or with a compatible Paragon program. It won´t restore the factory image.

3. Canexicans

Thank you for replying. Yes, the boot DVD just gets me into my PC as Vista , I presume. I was hoping that it might be able somehow to help me boot from D. Thought maybe to repair the partition between C and D so the bios lets me boot from D or format C and assign D to C so I boot from D cuz now its C. I didn't really know. I don't understand these recovery partitions. I don't have anything on C not safely backed up.

If you have any scathingly brilliant ideas (Hayley Mills from The Trouble With Angels) please Post.

Thx

4. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

Find the user manual of your PC and read how to recover to factory state. There should be a key (F2, F8 or whichever defined by the OEM) you can press during boot/POST that can start the recovery process. This way you should be able to get back to factory state.

5. Canexicans

Afraid that's part of the problem. When they, in their wisdom, installed Windows 7 they formatted, C drive which according to my research.causes the recovery drive not to be found. The formatting does something to the partition. I can see everything perfect from Paragon but not from Windows Recovery or from Setup when booting.. okay thanks.