Paragon Exact Image 7 - Incremental backups?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Trade67, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trade67

Trade67 Registered Member

Seeing as the Paragon forum has only tumbleweed rolling through it, I am copying my question about the incremental backups in Exact Image.

Is there an incremental backup option in Exact Image 7? I am evaluating the trial version of this imaging tool. I know a few reviews mentioned incremental backups in EI7, but I can't find anything in the software or in the help, except for one mention of incremental backups in relation to the "backup capsule". I would like to perform an incr. backup on a regular image since I read that after creating the backup capsule, you need to purchase EI in order to remove it.

Thanks.
    I found this forum through Acronis site while evaluating their TI9, which did not even create a verifiable image for me. After that, I tried Paragon Drive Backup 7 and liked it, but EI seems to do many of same things, and it is on sale right now.

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Above their forum I clicked "Paragon Knowledge Base" then "end user" and searched under "Exact Image" and version "7.x" (only choice...) and it comes up with 4 results - three of which look relevant. The articles themselves seem to just call the software "drive backup" but I am guessing the personal edition is now called Exact Image. Anyway this is really just conjecture - someone who has used it may show up here sooner or later and hopefully you will get a response on their forum.

3. Trade67

Trade67 Registered Member

Thanks for the effort, Detox. It does appear the knowledge base articles refer to Paragon's other offerings: Drive Backup mainly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.