Paragon Drive image on a Revodrive 3 X2 - How easy?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by rocket1, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocket1

rocket1 Registered Member

I have a RevoDrive 3 X2, and have been using Acronis True Image to back it up. I have now found out that to restore an image back to the X2, I need to purchase the Plus Pack addon and build a PE disk image. Too much faffing imo. Is there any Paragon software that will image, clone and restore back to the revodrive "out of the box" so to speak?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Don't know about your specific case but the paid version of Paragon includes a downloadable .exe file that creates a WinPE environment lon a CD or USB stick. It also has the facility to load extra drivers if needed.

3. rocket1

rocket1 Registered Member

Bump? I would like to know before I purchase :)

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

This forum does not appear to have any official Paragon presence so if any of us users on the fourm don't have your Revodrive then anything we say is (hopefully educated, speculation).

You'll have to contact Paragon directly through their support or other mechanism to ask them.

The issue with Acronis is that Linux restore environment doesn't have the driver to support he Revodrive which is why they said you needed WinPE which may support it directly or when you build it you can include the needed software. There is no way to add drivers to the Acronis Linux implementation.

The Paragon paid product comes with an easy to use executable program that directly loads the WinPE environment onto a CD or USB stick. It also has the facility to load any extra drivers needed fairly painlessly. Will this be the answer to your problem? Most likely, but that's all I can say.

You could also download the Paragon trial and see if their Linux implementation supports your RevoDrive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.