Paragon Drive Copy OSX which drive....

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bobkatz, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobkatz

bobkatz Registered Member

Hi. I made a successful clone of my bootcamp boot drive last month, for my MacPro which is running Windows 7 Pro. Good thing I have two backups, because despite all the care I went through, this month when I made the clone Paragon copied from the copy back to the master and wrecked it. There is no clear way to identify which drive is which, they are only named by letter, and I used every clue I could to identify which was the master disk and which was intended to be the copy, but apparently I screwed up. Is there any definitive way to identify which disk is which in a MacPro? They were only identified as Drive E: and Drive F: in Paragon.

I was able to look at the contents of each C: drive by going to one of the tools, and I thought I had properly identified which letter, E: or F: was the master but I must have missed it. There has to be a more dependable way of knowing with a Mac Pro which disk is which. Please help.

Fortunately, the second back disk is a 1 TB and the intended destination is a 300 G so I can easily identify this. But there has to be a better way! Thanks in advance.

2. bobkatz

It's been four days since I made this post. Have I posted it in the wrong forum? There is a Mac-based forum, but it didn't seem to be the one to address the drive-copy issue. For me this is a serious issue: If you can't identify which is the source physical drive and the destination drive in a cloning operation it is a serious problem.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The usual way with a Windows PC is to create unique labels for the various partitions on the disks. Other than recommend you contact Paragon support this is all I can say, I know nothing about Mac stuff.

4. bobkatz

Thanks. I'll try to make a unique label for the volume before my next clone. There are no Mac partitions involved, by the way. It's a pure EFI boot. Instead of using the usual Apple dual-partition on one disk I have a separate boot disk for Snow Leopard which I insert on a sled when I need to. There are four removable disk slots in the Mac Pro, and the origin of the problem is that Paragon does not distinguish one from the other at all. Perhaps I will be forced to give the volume a unique label name each time before I clone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.