Paragon Drive Backup 10, Script SHUTDOWN, WinXP

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by wettrees, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wettrees

wettrees Registered Member

Hi Folks,

Anyone able to help with this backup 10 script, windows xp shutdown problem?

I have set up several Drive Backup 10 backup scripts using the backup wizard, scheduled to run at 01:00 and shutdown the computer after running. The back up happens but not the shutdown and the PC is hibernating in the morning.

I am sure I ticked the shutdown on completion box in the wizard when setting up and looking in the scripts it has the command shutdown illustrated below:

// Shutdown
    shutdown

tailend of the script pasted below.

going in to windows xp, all programs, accessories, system tools, scheduler, properties there is no editing facility for shutdown in the script properties

Any thoughts or answers anyone? Much appreciated.

// Merge archives into one archive
    img = "X:/arc_180211205551187/"+STRINGDAYOFWEEK(NOWTIME)+"/"+STRINGDAYOFWEEK(NOWTIME)+".PBF"
    img = "X:/arc_180211205551187/"+STRINGDAYOFWEEK(NOWTIME)+"/img_0_200211_004528658.PBF"
    img = "X:/arc_180211205551187/"+STRINGDAYOFWEEK(NOWTIME)+"/img_1_200211_004528674.PBF"
    img = "X:/arc_180211205551187/"+STRINGDAYOFWEEK(NOWTIME)+"/img_2_200211_004528674.PBF"
    options
    label = "Backed up on 20/02/2011 00:44:17 (UTC time)"
    store complex

// Check for errors
    call check_error

// Apply all scheduled operations
    apply all

// Check for errors
    call check_error

// Shutdown
    shutdown

// Exiting
    // exit(0)

// Function for checking error
    check_error:
    if (errorcode(1) != 0)
    then
    print "Some error occured: "
    strerror(errorcode(1))
    print ""
    print "Exiting"
    print ""
    exit(errorcode(1))
    endif
    endcall

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Did you try to run any operation (not scheduled) with Shutdown checkbox enabled? Does it powering off your PC?

3. wettrees

wettrees Registered Member

Hi Mech Animal,

Thanks for your interest.

The back up schedule power down set tick box is only for scheduled tasks. I will however try it for an ad hoc there and then backup.

What I have noticed though is the PC will shut down at the end of the scheduled back up script if I am using the computer at that time ie the pc is powered up.

The back up schedule runs but it seems not to shut down the pc if the schedule starts in stand by mode which it normally is at 01:00 am. In this instance the windows scheduler has been asked to wake up the computer to run the schedule.

Any thoughts? Hope you are having a good weekend. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.