Paragon Drive Backup 10 issue

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ea3ot, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ea3ot

ea3ot Registered Member

Im in the trial period to see what Im doing whit this soft, becouse I had many problems with Acronis 2010 in my Win 7 x32 and x64. What I see with this Paragon soft. it takes a lot of time , very slow in making any backup. ( 35 minutes whit Acronis and 4 hr, Paragon same volume) It,s that normal o_O. Im afraid if that is normal what will be the time to make a simple restore operation, Im using an external USB HD. Away from that I have see some errors mentioning VSS in the begining of the backup. Is that beacouse I have installed Acronis togheter with Paragon?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You might be better if you uninstall Acronis.

Paragon should not take that long.

On my machine, Acronis is 30% faster than Paragon - but the CPU is almost 3 times as much.

Paragon is more efficient.

If you still get VSS errors after uninstalling Acronis - check VSS sevice is running, otherwise , you could try using Paragon own Hot backup:

PARAGON-HOT-PROCESSING-2010-01-04_191714.jpg

3. ea3ot

ea3ot Registered Member

Thanks, I will run a test under Vmware win7 x64, and see what happens, but Im looking a for a new backup software and Im no quite sure where am going....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.