Paragon Drive Backup 10 and Win XP - Hibernation ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by JosephB, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

Lets say, a Scheduled - "Backup Image" (system partition) of my internal system hard drive is executing and during its execution of creating a "Backup Image" and writing the Backup Image to my External Hard Drive, I experience an AC Power outage that kicks in my UPS (both my PC and External Hard drive are connected to the UPS):

Now if during this period, the Backup Image process is still running, and my UPS which is set to perform an Automatic Unattended "Win XP - Hibernation" Shutdown of my PC when 5 min is left on the UPS battery, proceeds ahead with performing the Win XP - Hibernation Shutdown,

Question:

.... Now when the AC power restores and the Win XP PC, Resumes from Hibernation, will the Backup Image executing process continue from where it left off and complete with the creation of a successful Backup Image

1) Or, will there be an issue:With the integrity of the Backup Image ?

2) Or, will it *not* wait for the external drive to become available to win xp, upon resuming from Hibernation ?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  2. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

Has anyone tested (or can someone test) the above on thier PC, by pulling the ac plug on their UPS with UPS configured for Unattended - Win XP "Hibernation" - Shutdown ??

(.... Actually, I don't have a UPS yet, but am currently shopping for one. So, I was just wondering about this in antcipation of what would happen in this situation, once I have acquired and setup the UPS.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.