Paragon Backup & Recovery 10.0 Suite and SRP/Win7

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Cazandros, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cazandros

Cazandros Registered Member

Hello,

can Paragon Backup & Recovery 10.0 Suite handle with the "System Reserved Partition" (SRP) from Windows 7? Or do I need to repair the installation of Win 7 after restoring with the Win7 DVD?

c.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Cazandros,

Once you restore the 100MB "System Reserved Partition" and the OS, you shouldn't need to run Windows 7 repair. Also be sure to backup the MBR. In the event that Win7 doesn't boot up the first time you restore, I find the Windows 7 DVD automatic repair quite resourceful to fix boot problems.

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

Yes, Paragon can make a backup image of the SRP as well.

You can make a separate image of SRP, or backup the o/s partition and the SRP at the same time. Just tick the appropriate boxes in the what to backup window.

As Tommy says, f you restore them together, Paragon should update the bcd entry for you if necessary.

If you like, you can create the boot critical files on the o/s partition as well.

To do that, open an elevated command prompt, and type (assuming the o/s partition is C: )

bcdboot c:\windows /s c:

then press enter.

Close command prompt.

Then all you need to do to make the o/s partition into the "System" partition is mark it Active.

Hope it helps.

4. Cazandros

Cazandros Registered Member

@Paragon_Tommy: Thank you for your answer. I tested the recovery a few times today and had to use the Win7 DVD automatic repair option. But it's ok and works very well.

@SIW2: I will take a look to your suggestion. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.