Paragon Backup is useless?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by yudfyuiu, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yudfyuiu

yudfyuiu Registered Member

All my attempts to make backups with Paragon Backup fails with various errors. One time the program just crashed, next time the whole computer just froze so I had to reboot it. The last attempt ended with:

Operation failed
    Can't open/create file
    Error source: Hard Disk Manager
    Error code: 0x10023

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. yudfyuiu

I can try, but it is CDs I want to save the backup on. I have a 2GB USB Flash Drive that I can try to use, but it's too small to hold an image of my hard disk.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

how big is your hard drive? As you know CD will only hold ~700Mb while DVD around 4.7Gb. Was the error with a cd or a dvd? Ideally obtain an external drive that can contain the image(s) of your drive.

5. yudfyuiu

The hard drive size is 16 Gb, 9 Gb in use. It's an old computer. (Pentium II 450 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Win XP SP3.) It has only a CD burner. I got it for free from someone who had no use for it anymore. But I have no installation disks for Win XP or any of the programs on it. That's why I want a backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.