Paragon B -R Free 2012 SSD/USB/Linux - some questions

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Swordfish_, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swordfish_

Swordfish_ Registered Member

Hello,

I am considering choosing Paragon B-R 2012 for now and have some questions, just to make sure:
    - I am planning to back up my SSD drive Windows 7 partition to another physical HDD in the same system, preferably through cold backup, using USB as a recovery media, is this possible in Free edition?
    - will B-R re-align my SSD partition after recovery from image?
    - will it support the newest SSD based on Indilinx Everest chipset? (eg. OCZ Vertex 4)
    - I also plan to install Linux distro on a second partition on my SSD, is it possible to backup/restore Windows partition in a way that Linux bootloader will be intact after recovery? (Ubuntu/Mint)

What I actually need is a reliable tool to make backup / restore of the whole system partition, withoud any need for incremential / specific folder, file backup. ect. but with bearing in mind that I prefer to use USB as a recovery media and do cold imaging (btw. is it possible to do cold imaging in a pre-boot enviroment in B-R Free 2012, ir. without using USB stick).

EDIT: moreover, will it be compatible with HDD controler included in the Intel X79 chipset?

Thank you!

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

The first thing I will tell you is that the BR 2012 Free is a Windows based utility regardless of whether it can recognize your linux based partitions, also there is a linux based recovery media which can be created it is however hard coded for hardware support which will allow you to create a cold/offline backup of the entire drives or partitions. You can refer to the link below to compare editions

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/comparison.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.