Paragon & 64-bit Windows 7

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by lm77054, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lm77054

lm77054 Registered Member

Hi, I hope you can help. Here's the situation.

01. I have Win 7 pro, 32-bit (Toshiba).
    02. My friend has Win 7 Home Premium, 64-bit (HP g5-150us Pavillion notebook).
    03. Last year he started to use PBR like me on a Windows XP system.
    04. I upgraded to W7 pro, 32-bit, AOK and PBR working just fine for me.
    05. We installed PBR on his W7 Home Premium, 64-bit (HP g5-150us Pavillion notebook). It appeared to install AOK.
    06. We created a PBR recovery disk (CD) on his W7 Home Premium, 64-bit (HP g5-150us Pavillion notebook).
    07. We boot his system from CD, with the PBR disk created on his computer.
    08. It goes all the way through booting, in the normal mode, with the blue progress bar going all the way across the bottom.
    09. At this point, the screen goes black, and remains that way.
    10. He has to hard reboot his system (press and hold the power button).

Any ideas what may be going ono_Oo_O

Thanks....

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I understand that you are using the Linux recovery disk. This disk works on some computers and not in others, depending on the hardware and on the Linux version. You could try the disk created in the Toshiba computer.

It is better to use the Windows-based WinPE disk.

3. lm77054

Robin:

Thanks for your response. After re-reading my post, I realize that I did neglect to mention a couple of things... my bad.

1. When my friend started using PBR, it was on WINXP Home, 32-bit; and we had successfully used the PBR recovery disk AOK.
    2. His computer died, and he bought a new one, with W7, 64-bit.
    3. We installed PBR, and did a image after we got all his stuff installed, this was in Jan 2012.
    4. HP helped him last week and messed everything up. So we tried to use the 32-bit PBR recovery CD (meaning the one created on WINXP), and it acted like I described previously. We then reset his system from the recovery partition, installed PBR, created a new PBR CD, and attempted to boot from it, with the results described.

I'm not familiar with the "WinPE disk", so I'll research it.

Thanks, and I'll let you all know what happens.

4. lm77054

Problem solved :D - Attempted to use PBR 2011, that is what gave the issue--switched to 2012, now it works. Didn't like the 2012 interface, but oh well. Its weird, because 2011 was suppose to be compatible with 64-bit.

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I really find it discouraging that even though 64-bit Windows has been around for quite some time, there are still software and driver issues that don't exist on the 32-bit versions.

6. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

Linux-based recovery CDs may have some hardware incompatibility issues. Those issues should be directed mostly to hardware vendors that do not provide drivers and datasheets for *nix operating systems. And unfortunately Paragon team can't suppose every hardware configuration for every PC. In these cases we strongly recommend to use WinPE-based Advanced recovery CDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.