Panda & WOT launch co-branded tool

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by vijayind, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Just like SiteAdvisor uses McAfee engine to list malware infected sites. WOT has it seems partnered with Panda Security to provide up-to-date info on infected,phishing and exploit-ridden pages using Panda's Cloud AV capabilities.

WOT Blog:
    http://www.mywot.com/en/blog/163-wot-partners-with-panda-security

From what I understand standard WOT plugin will suffice and it will still provide info from Panda ( The WOT scorecard will have comment from Panda stating that the site was found to host malware ).

So those who have never heard of WOT or are doubtful of it. Can now download the Panda branded WOT plugin for Firefox and IE.

2. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

If Opera was ever supported by something more than AVG LinkScanner (and previously by LinkScanner in general), this would be A LOT more interesting... :cautious:

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well this sounds like a good improvement, although if the partnership was with some other vendor IMO it wuldve been better, but im not gunna name any cuz i dont wanna turn this into flames.

btw how will Panda be included into it, will ther be a separate rating bar whether the site is infected or not, or will it just be included in like trustworthiness? any clarification wuld be nice.

4. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Panda will be a source for info on malware infected pages. To see an example, go to the WOT blog link in my earlier post and scroll to the end of the blog article. There you will find 3 site scorecards which now have been flagged as risk thanks to trusted source: Panda.

5. progress

progress Guest

I assume only for Firefox? :doubt:

6. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

#1 post:
    So those who have never heard of WOT or are doubtful of it. Can now download the Panda branded WOT plugin for Firefox and IE.

7. progress

progress Guest

Sorry, I had a hard week :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.