Panda Protection Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by LagerX, Jul 18, 2016.

1. entropism

entropism Registered Member

6 month "trial", in case anyone was wondering.

2. uxbal

uxbal Registered Member

Hi,

thought I'd ask here so I don't trash the place with new threads. I got a pretty cheap offer from my local vendor for 1 year of Panda Internet Security. As I see, performance issues are pretty much taken care of, but what kind of freaks me is that it can not scan if it's offline. So, basically, is the internet security suite worth the bucks?
    And if not, he gave me pretty good offers for ESET Smart Security, Avira Internet Security and Avast Internet Security - are there any known issues with any of these products? (I'd take Avira, but I really disliked the launcher in my trial period).

Thanks for your help!

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Hi uxbal and welcome to the forums :thumb:

It's best to keep questions about other programs in their own dedicated threads. So feel free to ask questions regarding Avira and Avast for example in those forum threads and keep this thread just for Panda questions.

4. uxbal

uxbal Registered Member

Tried it out, and it's causing BSOD's regularly. Is that a known issue?

5. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have had it installed since the fourth of this month on Surface Book, and no BSOD's to date.

6. uxbal

uxbal Registered Member

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot? really like the suite, actually, easy to use and pelasant to the eyes.

Thanks!

Edit: Don't know if they have financial issues, but contacted support, and as a paying customer I still didn't get an answer to my e-mail.

7. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I really can't offer any advice, other than check all the options in settings, etc. I won't be using the protection for other "Other devices" or "PC Tuneup" for example. The GUI shows up on Surface Book, too small. I haven't adjusted it, but I believe there is way, but for the moment I can live with it.

ScreenShot_Panda Global Protection_01.GIF

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.