Panda Platinum 2006 Firewall conflcts with Linksys Router

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by big_head_darren, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big_head_darren

big_head_darren Registered Member

I am using Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security and recently I just installed a router- Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54G. My computer is connected to the router through Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter WUSB54GC-AS. However when my panda firewall is enabled connection could not be established. When the firewall is disabled, connection could be established.

Is there any way I could configure the firewall to allow connection to be established with the router. The guys from Linksys say that it is okay not to have a software firewall as the router itself is already a firewall in hardware version. Is it true?

Please help me as I find it rather unsafe to go on the internet with my firewall off.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

if u have a router (with firewall) u dont need a personal firewall, but u may choose to keep one for outbound protection.

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Yeah, behind a NAT/SPI router packet filtering becomes less relevant
    Outbond protection is the key

4. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

Check the Panda logs, if enabled. Open a command line and try "ipconfig /all". Look for a legit ip address for your machine (192.168.1.XX for Linksys, I believe). Can you ping the router's default gateway (probably 192.168.1.1)? Panda could be blocking DHCP attempts to your machine. Hopefully the logs tell the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.