Panda Launches 2007 Line Of Products

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Legendkiller, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. Legendkiller

sir the concerned thread is about Panda AV and not IS,anyhow its upto the mods...;) ;)

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

actually IS has been mentioned in that thread.

also ur thread title just mentioned the 2007 line, nothing specific about IS.

i just think its better to have one thread :)

5. Legendkiller

not particularly,it was started with launch of Panada AV 2007...
    Anyhow i would encourage knowledgeable guys to discuss the new products...

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I tried all the new and I am dissapointed . On my PC it is not lighter than 2006 versions . Moreover it seems the recommended system requirements have jumped .

To be honest , although KIS6 scans slower , PIS is much heavier.

KIS minimal system requrements:
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition / XP Professional
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 1 or higher
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher (for product & antivirus database updates via the Internet)
    CD-ROM (for product installation)
    Internet connection (for product activation)
    Intel Pentium 300 MHz or higher
    128 MB RAM
    50 MB available HDD space

Panda AV+Firewall system requirements (attached)
    PIS 2007 wants more HDD space and more RAM

Anyway , what do you think :thumb: How are they on your PC(s) ?

Attached Files:

7. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

From the links above I cannot see what advantage their is in changing to the 2007 version of Panda Titanium Antivirus and Antispyware from the 2006 version. This is also because my existing subscription runs until May 5, 2008.

Have I missed something?

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Are you not getting a free upgrade to the 2007 version of your Panda product?

9. Legendkiller

do you mean if we have platinum 2006,we can get free upgrade to the 2007 version??

10. Green Giant

I cannot find any mention of a free upgrade. Normally I have always had to pay to change to the new edition of Panda Titanium Antivirus and Antispyware, with the subscription being extended accordingly.

What sticks in the craw this time is that a licence for three machines is included, at a higher than usual price, and whether one needs to cover three PCs or not! I suspect that there any many like me with just the one machine.

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am sure this won't happen . I know them very well .

You can pay them for an upgrade if your license expires in 2008 for example but no free upgrade will be provided :)

12. Richdog

Richdog Registered Member

Yup this is true, but then again the same goes for Norton, Mcafee etc.

A quick search by the OP would have shown another current thread for Panda 2007 rather than creating a redundant duplicate https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=141951

13. PandaUS

PandaUS Registered Member

I have noticed quite a bit of talk about our new products. I am the head of the consumer/OEM/Retail division on Panda US. We have just launched our download versions of our new 2007 lineup. Mid September you will find them at Staples, CompUSA, Fry's, Amazon.com and more.
    As many have noticed we dropped the Platinum and Titanium part of the titles. The Internet Security 2007 is the version that was "Platinum." The Antivirus + Firewall 2007 is the "Titanium" version. The new "lite" version is the Antivirus 2007. This was set out for those who shop by price but still want a complete solution that includes the AV and Spyware.
    One major item to notice is the multiple licenses per product. We are keeping the same price points but the products are good for UP TO 3 licenses per box or download. The new AV is two licenses for $24.95 and should appeal to the price shopper.
    The Internet Security and AV + Firewall still both have the TruPrevent. The product has improved compression for the less system resources used.
    I feel like I am running a commercial :blink:
    Please feel free to contact me with any questions - jconnett@pandasecurity.com
    We will have OEM coming out for system builders and integrators as well.
    As for free upgrades...we don't do that as most companies do not. I suggest getting a 3 month renewal that will add 3 months to the time you have, give you the multiple licenses and the upgrade. It is the most affordable way to do it!
    I would love any feedback,
    Jennifer Connett

14. Green Giant

For those Panda customers in the UK, may I recommend their forums at:http://www.pandasoftware.co.uk/forum/YaBB.pl ?

I upgraded from Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus and Antispyware yesterday to Panda Antivirus and Firewall 2007, buying a six months licence. My former software had a subscription running until May 5, 2008 which has been lost.

I entered this fact on the UK forum yesterday and had an immediate response from Bamboon, Moderator, that he would look into this when getting into the office this morning.

This facility is a very welcome addition by Panda!

15. Richdog

Richdog Registered Member

I'd say Panda currently have one of the strongest technical support teams out of all the UK-based anti-virus tech divisions, on both the retail and corporate side... they really have improved in leaps and bounds this year! Panda UK's new technical forum is also excellent, I simply can't fault it so far from what I have seen.

16. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

It is really very nice to have Panda Software representatives participating in these forums. Welcome to Wilders Security Forums! :)

As for free upgrades, nowadays most companies do give it. Some companies that give free upgrades are:

Kaspersky
    McAfee (If you buy their online subscription instead of retail package)
    Trend Micro
    F-Secure
    Eset
    BitDefender
    Dr.Web
    Kaspersky engine products like eScan and PC Tools AntiVirus
    Dr.Web engine products like Virus Chaser
    AVIRA/AntiVir
    Avast!
    FRISK software
    Zone Labs (ZoneAlarm)

Some companies that do not offer free upgrades are:

Symantec
    McAfee (retail)
    Panda Software
    GDATA (AntiVirusKit)

So, who's the majority here? :)

I'm not meaning any offense to you, but in order to remain competitive in the market, Panda really should offer free upgrades. In my opinion, the only thing that prevents Panda from being a very good product is the lack of free upgrades (and it is also why I didn't purchase it even though I liked it a lot).

17. Panda UK

Panda UK Registered Member

Thanks, we are getting a lot of strongly positive feedback about the forum, glad you're finding it useful. :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  18. PandaUS

Thanks for the info on the free upgrades - I will pass onto our US team.

19. woobook

woobook Registered Member

Somepeople said Panda Antivirus and Firewall 2007 is lighter than Panda Titanium 2006. but what is the improvement of the security.

20. PandaUS

The new 2007 has a great new featue! Multiple licenses per box. For the regular price you now get up to 3 licenses for the Platinum and Titanium and 2 licenses for the AV and spyware only. :eek:
    We will be launching a newer version later this year that is 64 bit OS compatible and many improved features.

21. woobook

woobook Registered Member

I don't care about multiple licenses because I just have one computer. If I still use Panda Titanium 2006 next year, how much money is going to cost me for one year update.
    My computer is 32 bit os and Panda Titanium 2006 runs light on it. Actually I always like new version, but I don't like the way of Panda upgrade. Panda changes its products' name in 2007, why it doesn't keep the names: Titanium and Platinum.

22. PandaUS

I honestly don't know why they did not keep the Titanium and Platinum.
    There are other differnces, but I am working remotely and don't have all that data immedietly. I will reply with that tomorrow.
    As for the one year update, do you mean upgrade or renewal?

23. Arin

Arin Registered Member

I agree with woobook, multiple license actually means nothing to a lot of
    users; even those who has more than one computer, prefer to use different
    AVs just to be sure.

If you browse the forum you'll see that a lot of users are complaining against
    high resource usage and possible confliction with Webroot product. Maybe
    a technical person should join Wilders ;). No offense meant.

24. PandaUS

I will invite our retail Tech Support manager. In the meantime, if you want to spell out issues for me clearly I have access to the knowledgebase or I can request answers for you
    Jennifer

25. Arin

Arin Registered Member

I hope you weren't offended by my earlier remark. Yes I have a few things
    to share.

1. Panda tends to slow down the computer a bit. Though it was not that
    great on my computer but other users were affected greatly.

2. e-mail sending from Panda 'services' shouldn't depend on Outlook. I used
    version 7 which worked fine without Outlook but the version 10 doesn't work.

3. There is an on going confusion about Panda files (specially pav.sig) getting
    detected by Avast as virus. Someone from Panda should address it.

4. The self-analysis thing at startup actually slows down the login process.
    that shouldn't be checked by default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.