Panda internet security 2010

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Subgud, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes on on the process protection.
    Regarding USB Vaccine, it's not the latest one but it does have the same NTFS support as the latest version (which is available here in case you want it).

2. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

3. pbust

pbust AV Expert

We're migrating all chinese content to the following URL:
    http://www.xiongmao365.com/

Please keep this one as a reference of the official Panda presence in China.

4. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

Wow,good domain name.Looks cool.Thank you.

5. icr

icr Registered Member

@pbust

I got license from windows 7 launch party and I installed it and the license worked but after that I uninstalled Panda some days back and today I again installed Panda IS and the license won't work it is giving me an activation error saying that my activation code is incorrect.o_O

I already posted to their forum but till now no replies.:mad:

6. osip

osip Registered Member

@pbust: I'm following the new cloud release with interest. Have to clear out :
    Does this mean that PIS/global users have the very same protection included as in the new cloud ?

7. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes, PAV/PIS/PGP 2010 users also have the same Collective Intelligence technology in those products as well. However there are a few differences:

* The offline technology is different. One is a cache while the other still relies on traditional signature updates

* The implementation is slightly different. CloudAV's on-access scanner is synchronous against the cloud, while PAV/PIS/PGP 2010 have both asynchronous and synchronous (depending on the operation).

* The CloudAV architecture has been developed from scratch to work in real-time against the cloud. It's more optimized for minimal resource consumption.

There's a few other differences of course based on features (TruPrevent, Firewall, IdentityProtection, Anti-Phishing, Parental Control, etc.) and services (tech support, etc.) but technically these are the main differences.

8. osip

osip Registered Member

Tnx for that...
    So, generally asynchronous is when making a demand offline scan and synchronous real time with additional cloud connection at alerts when connected ...

Understand, but PIS is so light that I can hardly beleive in a big difference...

9. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Thanks :) There's an excellent dev team with PAV/PIS/PGP 2010. They'll be happy to hear your comment :D

10. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

@Pbust: Is there a way to manage pavjobs.exe ?? It automatically starts background global scans every now and then.

11. pbust

pbust AV Expert

12. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

13. intrepid44

intrepid44 Registered Member

I had a key for this giveaway but unfortunatly i deleted the email with out saving the email they sent me and never got to download it.. oh well i am using the panda free now.

14. guest

guest Guest

15. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I loaded this on my laptop with the free one year license just out of curiosity. I've been pretty happy with my OA / Prevx tools but this has really surprised me. Considering this is a fully stocked Security Suite the resource usage is amazingly light as OSIP and a few others have pointed out. I may just keep the Panda around for a year or so...:thumb: :eek: :D

16. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Is there a tool to disable Panda news and registration requests?

17. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

I wonder if you guys could answer me some questions about PIS. Does PIS protect google chrome?

Do I have to set up a weekly scan or does PIS scan my machine while it is idle?

Will PIS scan all my files over and over again each week or does it skip files that has already been scanned as has not been changed since the last scan?

I must say that I have been impressed with PIS. There are especially two things that I like.

1: After using my computer for some days I normaly do a scan with MBAM. And as normal MBAM finds some small cookies and som other low risk items. This happens no mather wat AV I use. Kaspersky, nod32, norton etc. But after installing PIS MBAM dont find anything! I like it! Looks like some blocking guard or something are working very well. Not that it is dangerous that this low risk items, but I like that my AV takes care of it for me! :D

2: It is very light! I can hardly notice it running. Impressive!!! :D:D:D

18. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Can't use it because it is still blocking and removing WeatherPulse as a suspicious file. Prevx took a look at it and this version at least seems clean.

Also, it wouldn't accept my activation code when I re-installed.

19. icr

icr Registered Member

I am also facing the same problem I have posted here and even to their forum but still no replies:mad:

20. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes. It scans all HTTP/FTP/SMTP/POP3/NNTP/IMAP4 traffic regardless of which application is using it.

It has an idle background scan but only of processes and objects loaded in memory, not of the entire machine. If you want a scan of the entire machine you can configure it in PIS.

It does have some caching of scanned files in the on-access permanent protection, but if you run a manual on-demand scan everything you select will be scanned again.

Ok we'll fix it, thanks for the report. If you see any more of these please send them to falsepositives@pandasecurity.com.

@mvdu & @icr, if you are re-installing, make sure to activate saying you are an "existing customer" and using the same email account as you used in your first activation. Otherwise it won't accept the same code in a second installation.

21. eleven031199

eleven031199 Registered Member

Hi:) I'm wondering how to clear the statistics of pandao_O

22. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Do I have to uninstall first? Because I tried the link in my e-mail to activate, but just got a blank screen when I submitted.

Strange thing is, it updates but isn't activated. Also no expiration date given.

23. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT JUST A BIT.
    I installed Panda IS10 last night and i am truly amazed how light it runs. I remember the older versions that could cripple a decent computer but this version is a breath of fresh air. I believe it will be staying on my new computer.

bigc

P.S.
    I want to thank pbust for all of his assistance.

24. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Hi,

A question.

I am using Panda IS2010 and runs nice and light.

However I have found a couple of new malware which Panda allows me to download on to my computer from a weblink, however when I manually scan the file it is flagged as suspicious.

Why does the file not get flagged when I download it. I also ran the files with in Sandboxie with no detection from Panda, however I don't think Panda phones home to the collective intelligence from within Sandboxie.

So my main question is can Panda be configured to check file by heuristics on download and not just by manual scan?

Thanks

Jlo31

25. icr

icr Registered Member

I think Panda doesn't completely scan the file when its being downloaded
    your file might be suspicious upon its behaviour

Here is another question,
    Is there any way to deal with the malware that has been detected by Panda
    by default is neutralizes file but most of the times the file gets deleted.
    Is there any way to let the file automatically move to quarantine when it is detected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.