Panda Cloud Free 3.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Windows_Security, May 8, 2014.

1. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

my remaining Panda v2 still hasn't updated automatically. and i still get the popups to upgrade to Pro :gack:... excellent work Panda. i had 3 computers with PCAV, now i only have 1 computer. but this installation is gone too

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Did they ever fix their Windows 8.1 issues?

3. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Panda Cloud was my favourite free AV but I removed all Panda installations last weekend. I think the ad popups are not a good idea, most people will install another AV instead of buying a licence. Bye bye Panda ...

4. Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
  5. Wait could this be the reason? Untitled2.png

6. shadek

shadek Registered Member

7. guest

guest Guest

What a silly marketing trick by Panda Security... o_O

8. shadek

shadek Registered Member

V 3 of Panda Cloud Antivirus Free has been scoring awesomely at AV-C real world tests. Even better than paid Kaspersky and Bitdefender. That's an achievement. But those nag screens can ruin everything.

9. No from Dutch perspective it is called justice.:p

Putting all (specifically my own) nonsense aside, Panda Free 3.0 really does well. When they ease down on the ads pop-up, it is an excellent free AV, their behavioral engine seems to work really well.

Panda choose a different anti-exploit mechanism as was internally developed by Pedro (Pbust, now Malware Bytes Anti-Exploit). Since MBAE does exceptionally well blocking exploits, it is fair to assume that the "other" Panda mechansm (which was chosen) will have decent zero-day blocking performance. So the good "real world" test results with little false positives should be no surprise. Just track back the real world tests (AV-comparatives) and zero day scores (AV-test) and you will notice a remarkable improvement since Panda free 2.1

Regards Kees

10. guest

guest Guest

It's just a one-time result. If they can keep that achievement at least for the next 6 tests in a row then I'll start to take it seriously.

11. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Three times in a row already. V 3 is the top-player in all the tests it has participated in.

12. guest

guest Guest

I admit that I missed the newest real-world protection test result by AV-Comparative. That actually makes 2 in a row now. BTW, I only trust test results from AV-Comparative.

13. Behold Eck

Behold Eck Registered Member

Great result(s) for Panda............just wish they`d change the GUI back.

14. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Seems good to me, but I don't care much about the GUI. I don't much like the Win 8 look, but I only look at it once every 6 months, so who cares really? :)

15. Tarantula

Tarantula Guest

Just wait for the ads to start popping up.

16. Behold Eck

Behold Eck Registered Member

Know what you mean I was the same with Bitdefender free, forgot it was there half the time.:D

Regards Eck

17. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

As all free AVs do.

18. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

Never had a popup with 360 IS (free)

19. Dave0291

You can't count on that forever though. Plus, I'd rather have a much more effective AV with ads than a less effective one without them.

20. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

if you can put up with ads on a daily basis, all i can say you are very patience :)

21. Tarantula

Tarantula Guest

Not really. Avira, Qihoo 360 IS, Comodo, Outpost free, Bitdefender free and ZoneAlarm free don't. Not sure about AVG.

22. Dave0291

1. Avira: Um, I'm pretty sure they do have ads in there somewhere. Whether ads pop-up or not doesn't really matter. Ads are ads.

2. 360: Perhaps, I honestly only used them once and found them to not be all that great. Also, I'm not sure how the Chinese industry handles things like that. They don't seem to be as obsessive about advertising as the U.S and other Western nations, at least when it comes to software. Note I said seem though, that's just an opinion based on my experiences with some of the software from that country.

3. Comodo: I thought they did, I guess I'm wrong. Admittedly I haven't gone anywhere near Comodo anything in a long time and never will again.

4. Outpost: Didn't even know they had an AV, so you've got me there.

5. BitDefender: Dead products don't really count. BitDefender has made it painfully obvious they really don't care about it. It's more like someone there had the idea, and a higher up decided it wasn't worth their time and money to do anything with it.

6. ZA: Again I thought they did, and I'm pretty sure at one point they did.

7. AVG: Last I looked it was loaded with ads. But it's slow as hell so even if it wasn't the product wouldn't be worth my time.

You pay in some manner for a free AV, and 9 times out of 10 it's through ads. Either way, I haven't been happy with my current choice of Avast, so I'm likely coming back to Panda regardless of their inability to change false positives when reported.

23. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Not really, most free AV don't have ad pop ups. Ads in the GUI are no problem for me, I don't open the GUI 3 times a day. :)

24. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

The ads are a small price to pay for any free AV. Panda 3.0 just has a popup ad from the taskbar that you could click away. I am just happy the product protects my computer and the charge is nil.

Ice

25. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

Couldn't agree more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.