Panda Cloud AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ShyGuy, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbust

pbust AV Expert

2. progress

progress Guest

Error 1 happened while scanning, error 4 happened at startup :doubt: I wasn't able to reproduce it so far ...

3. pbust

pbust AV Expert

If you do manage to repro using the procedure posted please send us the dump. We're trying to track this down and it's hard to get a dump of it as not many people are getting this error.

4. progress

progress Guest

5. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

PBust
    I am using beta2 having uninstalled beta1 first.
    When I was using beta1 I turned off the 'automatically deal with........' and could not get it to be re-applied.
    Beta2 has never been able to 'hold' the 'automatically..............', it has always been off.
    I have a list of cookies (tracking) showing up but I cannot do anything with them. Also showing up in the list are 2 scans, but only 1 shows as finished.

reg hack possible?

Edit - there is no version number showing under help/about
    Edit2 - all the cookies are shown in non-existant folders, eg: c\users\david\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Cookies - o_O
    Oh - Vista Home premium 32bit

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  6. Netherlands

Netherlands Registered Member

I have read about good results when i comes to malware blocking. I know that Panda Internet Security 2010 has cloud support (collective intelligence). But is it the same as in this free version or is it newer/better? Does the free version users and PIS 2010 users use the same cloud? Is the cloud detection the same in the free version as in PIS 2010? What about the corporate version, same cloud etc?

7. progress

progress Guest

:shifty:

8. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Weird issue about the automatic management check. Can you please send us some details to beta@pandasecurity.com along with the logs (%TEMP%\PSLogs) and screenshots?

Also please export the detection log and the system log (right-click my PC, Manage, Event Viewer, App & Service Logs, Nano, Save Event Log As...) and send everything to beta@pandasecurity.com.

Thanks !

9. clocks

clocks Registered Member

When is a beta, compatible with Windows 7 RC/RTM, officially due?

10. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Beta3 will be out around the first or second week of October if everything goes well :rolleyes:

11. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Ok, thanks

12. Onur

Onur Registered Member

Is this product always remain free?

13. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yep ;)

14. Onur

Onur Registered Member

Thank you. Good news :D

15. Stephan123

Stephan123 Registered Member

When my antivirus subscription of Avira runs out (25-10-2009) I will try this program :thumb:

16. progress

progress Guest

Yesterday Panda killed 2 dll files from Adobe Photoshop :(

17. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Seems it was a heuristic detection (not sig). We've fixed it so both DLLs should come out of the Recycle Bin by themselves (you can also restore them manually).

Thanks for letting us know !

18. progress

progress Guest

o_O

However, thank you for fixing it :)

I notice this behaviour sometimes too, what is it? :doubt:

19. pbust

pbust AV Expert

What it means is the exclusion is delivered via sig as well for regular products. In CloudAV this exclusion is delivered via cloud.

In the case of Beta2 it could be the BackgroundScan that runs right after install. Did you install recently or did it simply start showing up? In any case, the following workaround fixes most of these issues:
    http://blog.cloudantivirus.com/2009/07/21/known-issue-with-beta2-synchronous-background-scan/

20. progress

progress Guest

I installed Panda about 3 months ago :doubt: You should turn off BackgroundScan by default:

It's really annoying :rolleyes:

21. guest

guest Guest

Can Panda Cloud av protects my computer while i dont have internet?

22. pbust

pbust AV Expert

23. guest

guest Guest

"The local cache contains less than 10% of the full knowledge of Collective Intelligence."

So the offline protection is very limited.

24. pbust

pbust AV Expert

It's not limited at all for offline operation. Why do you need detection for Internet-only malware when you're not connected?

Whatever does infect offline is included in the offline protection of Cloud Antivirus.

25. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Internet is not the only infection vector you know and thats the reason why i don't like cloud only systems. If you go to a LAN party with offline network, you have access to bunch of files with no real capability of checking it.
    While any traditional AV could check all that with signatures downlaoded before you left the home. Not to mention all the USB drives these days and optical media burned at home. Cloud is great but you also need full capability when going offline. At least for the threats known at the moment you disconnected the computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.