Panda Cloud AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ShyGuy, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Any news of when beta 2 will be released?

2. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes, sigs + heuristics from the cloud. The only config is the management of the Recycle Bin automatically from Panda cloud. If you have a file that you want it to be analyzed by us send it to virus@pandasecurity.com (manual analysis). For bulk submissions and/or to be imported into collective intelligence automatically use virussamples@pandasecurity.com.

Looks like we'll have it ready by this coming Tuesday. We've concentrated on fixing detection/disinfection/false positive issues with this Beta2 as well as some added functionality for managing the Recycle Bin (undo option). For Beta3 we'll concentrate on more functionality and added platforms (64bits, W7).

3. eXPerience

eXPerience Registered Member

I've a question, I've been testinh Panda Internet Security 2010 for a while now (since the beta version) and I was wondering how the cloud scanner is working with it ? Is it going to be implemented in the near future/or is it already? Or is the plan to have it scanning next to it ?

best regards, and good job reducing the recources (but still some to go ;))

eXPerience

4. rottenbanana

rottenbanana Registered Member

I have a question/problem too.

Panda Cloud reports NewsLeecher.exe as a virus, and quarantines it. Even if i manually unblock it from Panda's recycle bin, it soon automatically puts it back there.

Regardless of this the program actually works and connects happily to the internet, i just constantly get the virus report above my system tray and it's annoying. Even if i let it sit in Panda's recycle bin, where it states it's being analyzed by the cloud, nothing has happened for days.

Anything to be done about this? It's certainly not a virus, but a binary news reader. Does Panda flag it as suspicious because it performs a version check at every startup?

5. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Actually the cloud scanner is already implemented as an enhancement in our normal consumer products since version 2009. Of course 2010 also has it. However the implementation is quite different than with Cloud Antivirus, which is a pure cloud-scanner.

The "automatically putting it back again" is a known bug in Beta1. This is fixed in Beta2 which will come out tomorrow. Regarding the FP what is the MD5 and/or download URL? Is it www.newsleecher.com?

6. rottenbanana

Yes, and the version in question is 4.0 beta 4 on the download page. They put out new betas at a random rate though, the next one might be around the corner already. I'm wondering what exactly makes Panda think it's a virus? Even if you analyze and whitelist beta 4, the next version will have a different signature. Then again, i know next to nothing about these. :rolleyes: I suppose the Cloud knows better.

Thanks for you answer, looking forward to the next version. So far this is the only problem i've been having with Panda Cloud.

7. eXPerience

eXPerience Registered Member

I guess that PIS uses standard sigs + cloud scanning (which is the same as the cloud scanner here ?)

eXPerience

8. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes, PIS has a different type of local sigs format, different type of local heuristic, also has TruPrevent, firewall with IPS, identity theft protection, script blocking, IM scanning, etc. etc.

9. Warklen

Warklen Registered Member

Sounds good.. Cant wait to see the changes you guys made.

10. Infection

Infection Guest

Is beta 2 out yet?

11. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

12. Warklen

13. pbust

pbust AV Expert

14. Warklen

Nicely done. Detection has gotten better as well..Havnt really had time to do any hardcore testing but out of the few trojans i threw at it, it did an excellent job.

15. Murtadh

Murtadh Registered Member

MAAAAN you mentioned before that Beta2 will support Windows 7 (32Bit).... but I just tried it and it doesn't !! :cautious:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  16. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

Look at post 227, it says, that beta 3 will support W7 and 64 bits.

Cheers

17. Murtadh

Murtadh Registered Member

Willlllllllllll I didn't read post 227, thank :D
    but I recall reading somewhere here or in Panda blog that Beta2 will support win7 and I was eager to test it :shifty: ....

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  18. rottenbanana

The problem with Newsleecher.exe disappeared with the new beta. That said, i have no issues whatsoever running Panda Cloud.

A free, pure, simple, lightweight AV is what i've wanted for quite a while. The other freebies have either annoying popup ads, or features only available in paid versions which has always made me feel less protected. Sygate firewall anyone? Being unable to check those few boxes of extra protection in the free version made me feel like wearing a shirt but no pants.

"Common Sense 2009" and a simple AV to back that up is quite fine. Thanks for giving me one. :)

19. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

You should consider testing MSE as well - it's the same case. ;)

20. Warklen

When i tried MSE i was getting a lot of freezes when opening certain programs and large folders plus high cpu times and memory usage.

21. raven211

Okay, well, my PC doesn't experience big problems often, and it's indeed a beta, so I guess you're one of the unlucky ones - a kind I see often on these forums. :D

22. Warklen

:thumb: Glad everything is working smooth for you..Only wish it did the same on mine since it seemed to be a decent av.

23. raven211

Yes, it's sad - I totally agree. :oops:

24. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

25. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.