Panda Cloud AV Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Smiggy, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

Have to say firstly that I like this piece of software.
    Unobtrusive and light and holding up well in independent testing.

Now here's my gripe.
    Switched laptop on today and was told my license had expired.
    It hasn't, its due in July 2013.
    However I was redirected to their website and offered to 'extend' my current license (which I thought had 'expired' as per the bright red text on the control panel??!).
    I thought for a moment then reapplied my license key which set everything right again.
    Now, if I was someone who wasn't computer literate or elderly for example I would've panicked and paid the money thinking that I was unprotected.

Bit underhand don't you think?

2. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Underhand? Oh no, that is not the intention at all. Panda only behaved as it would when a license truly expires. If you had paid the money, you will kindly be given a refund.

Cheers. :)

3. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

You've lost me, it clearly said it had expired but the website showed it was valid till 13th July 2013?
    Re-applying the license key made it go away, how is this possible if it had expired as it claimed?
    It was also keen that I pay 24.99 GBP to extend my current license.

Like I said before if I wasn't clued up I would've paid for a further year when I had more than 6 months remaining thinking I was unprotected, which I have to add is the exact word Panda said in red text on my control panel.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  4. Esse

Esse Registered Member

I also had a similar problem at one of my costumers, the license expires i June 2013 but PCAV claims it has expired. Typing in the valid code does not help either.
    Never mind, she runs the free version as she does not need the firewall enabled.
    I hope Panda takes a look at this as it is a bit time consuming (at least for me) to find the correct support for this issue.
    Maybe add a support mail in the GUI?

/E

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.