Panda Cloud Antivirus - Version 1.0 Final Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progress

progress Guest

I agree, nobody would buy Panda then :D Panda Cloud AV Pro would be ok if it's not too expensive :doubt:

2. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

Self protection
    True Prevent
    No Firewall

3. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Excluding other technologies that are included in the suites (firewall, truprevent, web & script blocking, etc.) the detection & disinfection capabilities are exactly the same.

As for the notifications, they should appear. Maybe they are showing behind a separate window just at the time you are working on a program? If someone can replicate this can you please send me some details (exported log, screenshots or video, etc.).?

4. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

well, when i first installed the latest build, it must have scanned my machine/active programs immediately after installation and quarantined a file without telling me so.

howver, detections of a file that i physically download/run, the notification shows (as it should - so far).

5. progress

progress Guest

I'm trying Panda Cloud AV on another machine and I noticed a smiliar behaviour: Eicar.com was deleted and after 20 seconds I got the message: 1 Virus neutralized! The bug still exists on Win 7 and on Win XP :rolleyes:

6. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

thats not what happened to my machine, PCA gave no notification even after 20 seconds, it was only when i looked into the quarantine that i see a file in there that i use.

ive also noticed with the little panda, that even on detections web based detections, the notification of '1 Virus Neutralized!' is rather slow to respond after its found it, this notification needs to be 'Instant!'

:)

7. progress

progress Guest

That also happened a few days ago with another file :'( The notification is really faulty :thumbd:

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

That's because of delayed analysis. If you just download the file, it will be analyzed few seconds later to accelerate scanning and speed up installations.
    But if you download and run the file directly, it will pop up right away. Same goes for installations. During install, scanning is delayed, but if you try to execute anything from that pack, it will be checked right away and popup will also appear right away. That's normal and no security is trade off for that. It might just be a small inconvenience but nothing more than that.

9. progress

progress Guest

I disagree - not everyone is searching in the recycle bin when a file diappears without notification :doubt: This behaviour is unacceptable :doubt:

10. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Even though I need to check on the issue from PC__Gamer right after install, the fact that some notifications are either not shown and/or delayed is by design. The objective was to not show many notifications for the majority of basic users out there which really do not need immediate details of the detections and disinfections. That's why the notifications in PCA are asynchronous and with a lower priority in order to not block the PC innecessarily and/or decrease performance. Once the disinfection has been done completely, then the notification is shown. In fact, if PCA detects multiple threats, you can see how it also groups them in a single notification. This design is targetted at the 99% of non-advanced users out there (grandma AV design).

However this is something that could be changed if, as some members have posted, it is unacceptable.

11. progress

progress Guest

Then you should integrate a button with "immediate malware alert" :)

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

@pbust
    Scan progress is still bust. It goes like crazy from 0 to 99% and then sits at 99% till very end of the scan which takes significantly longer than it too from 0 to 99%. It just looks and feels totally wrong and weird.

13. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

thats good because i dont have that issue, full or quick scans.

im running windows 7 32bit tho.

what OS are you running and are you running version 1.01?

14. progress

progress Guest

... the free Panda Cloud AV too? :)

15. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

yup :thumb:

along with auto program updates, and self protection.

thats all i know so far.

16. progress

progress Guest

I can't stand it any longer :-*

17. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

ur telling me. the beta is going to be out in a month maybe 2.

we cant wait Pbust :argh:

18. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

Panda CAV neutered a worm on the 4/4 (maybe a FP)
    It is still there in the event view today
    Perhaps it cannot make up its mind

19. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

20. trjam

trjam Registered Member

kudos to Panda.:thumb:

21. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Good JOB Panda !! You Rocks

22. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

My thoughts after retesting it... it slows down my PC and it STILL has the same detection of my installation of X-Fi Drivers, which has been there since it's initial release! :mad: :mad: :mad:

23. progress

progress Guest

Panda had 47 FP in the latest AV-C test, I noticed some FP on my laptop too :rolleyes:

24. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

You know, I used to groan about a lot of FP detections. But, compared to however many hundreds or even thousands of files looked at in a test such as AV-C, I just don't see where a number like 47 is such a horrid result. In the case of a user having a file he or she knows is clean, why worry about it? Can they not just contact Panda or any other AV they use and let them know, whilst getting on with their business and using the file anyway?

The same with a file downloaded from the internet, can they not just upload it to one of the online scanners, or, if they have it, something like Hitman Pro to get a second opinion? An FP is just a fact of life with anti-virus/malware software, not really a determination of how good or bad an AV/AM is, imho. There are exceptions of course (remember the FP fiasco with Comodo...sheesh), but generally, FP detections are going to happen. If a vendor doesn't fix the FP, well, that's a different story.

25. m0unds

m0unds Guest

wasn't part of the issue with FPs the way that PCAV handles them? (i.e. quarantining without user interaction)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.