Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.5 Release Candidate

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbust

pbust AV Expert

There's more improvements to performance, specifically the cache, coming to the next version which will improve this much more. As mentioned in the 1.5 RC release notes, this is the first version to integrate some performance improvements but much more are coming.
    As a side note, being a CloudAV by design it will always be a little slower scanning on-demand than a traditional AV, as it checks sigs against the cloud instead of against a local db.

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Control ==> Programs ==> Uninstall ==> face it bill, you can't hide for the book :p

3. clayieee

clayieee Registered Member

well thanks thats a peace of mind

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

i never claimed it could get rid of the banner, i think ur misreading what im trying to explain. My only complaint is SOCIAL MEDIA integration which avast does let you remove, the banner ad is a completely separate thing. that is the only issue people here have been discussing, not the banner.

but 2nd, im not simply a "fanboy", as u can see i am not using Avast, and havent been for a decent amount of time now. I dont hold onto a single product just because of its name, i go with what works well.

5. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Maybe that's what you meant to say, but that's not what you wrote:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1878381&postcount=16

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Ohhhh RATZ! :oops: :p :argh: :doubt: o_O

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Thanks for that. Good to see these worthless buttons are optional.

8. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

your right, it looks like i did accidentally write banner as well in that post. altho i thought in my other posts it was explained pretty clearly that the issue was the social media parts.

9. guest

guest Guest

well I had a key that I had brought when it was version 1.3
    and had a clean interface when it went to version 1.4 and added
    the ugly banners I uninstalled it and never looked back

Installed this one just to have a look, was a waste of time
    still does not have the clean look like it used to have, will not
    come back till it does

and it still has by default autoruns are disabled which caused
    some big problems that I had to go into the registry to fix
    maybe this is not the case now but I will never know unless
    they decide to put back on the clean interface that it had
    once upon a time

10. carat

carat Guest

I see - thank you :thumb:

11. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I agree with others that facebook and twitter to us on here, is not only a big waste of time, it's pure trash. For others, who post every thought that enters their head, it provides a wider audience with other knuckle-heads.

Where am I going with this? These knuckle-heads download viruses, lots of them. They download one piece of malware for every mp3 they're seeking. Can't verify these stats, but I'm sure it's accurate. ;)

And panda, being free, needs to tap into the malware-filled market. Just like avast, free program needing as many people as possible to be using it, saving their comps, allowing them to continue logging on to facebook and twitter. More free customers means more will switch to the paid for support etc.

As pedro said, if these can be switched off for the wilders users, and left on for the facebook/twitter crowd (who will post/tweet, 'back online bros, fixed my comp, I like panda cloud'), then I have no problem.

12. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I'm not into registry hacking so I can't see using it just yet then. Also I seem to remember a chap having to do a hack to fix his MagicJack.

13. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Just some feedback, although I'm a little slow on the uptake with Panda and it's been discussed before.

Think the Panda toolbar is quite useful for regular and novice users. I configured it on a friends, and mine to have just the 'clear data' (clearing data for general privacy mid browsing session), 'toolbar cleaner' (monitor what's installed on IE/Chrome etc, this works well) and obviously, the 'weather' app for usability, keep users from losing that bit of screen real-estate for something they'll use each day.

Any word on Chrome/Opera compatibility? Few months away etc?

URL and web filtering, pretty good. No noticeable slowdowns (millisecond, but hey, it's an extra security layer). Good job. :thumb:

14. BenMar522

BenMar522 Registered Member

I am considering PCAV, is it Win7 x64 compatible?

TIA,

BenMar

15. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Yes it is. :)

System Requirements: Windows XP SP2 or later (32bit), Windows Vista SP1 or later (32 & 64bit), Windows 7 (32 & 64bit, includes compatibility with SP1).

16. BenMar522

BenMar522 Registered Member

Great! Thanks WinDefend.

17. pbust

pbust AV Expert

No plans yet for Chrome or Opera, but glad to hear you like it :)

18. J_L

J_L Registered Member

What I didn't like about the Url Filtering is how it interfered with my keyword.URL and DNS whenever I entered anything other than a link on my address bar. Will that be changed?

19. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes it will eventually when the URL filter is integrated into the product (instead of the toolbar).

20. clayieee

i wish its on the final release of the 1.5

21. carat

carat Guest

When will the final version be released? :doubt:

22. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Shortly.

23. clayieee

Panda is releasing bunch of its product lately. its so fast

24. J_L

J_L Registered Member

After uninstalling MSE, which surprisingly didn't require a restart, I've installed Panda Cloud RC (without annoying toolbar), which also didn't need a reboot.

Works well on my system, but there's a problem. Even the Guest account can easily disable Panda Cloud with a right-click stop antivirus. The only mitigation is to remove startup and start menu shortcuts for other users. It should prevent most vandalism, but isn't fool-proof. Until password protection is added, what else can I do?

25. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Removing startup and start menu entries should be fool-proof enough. If someone still figures a way to still disable it under a guest/restricted user account then she/he is not a fool/basic user. You could try preventing execute access for that specific user to PSUNMain.exe but I'm not sure if that would break anything. If you do test this please post back if you find anything weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.