Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.5 final release

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carat

carat Guest

Will I get a message from PCAV when the connection is disabled? :doubt:

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

No, it will show if you have an active connection in the settings window, and if you're doing an on-demand scan it will show a warning in the scan window if it's not connected, but generally PCAV won't show pop-ups when connection is lost.

3. carat

carat Guest

I think there should be an indicator, otherwise a trojan could disable the connection to the cloud and you won't ever notice it :doubt:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
  4. Esse

Esse Registered Member

+1

/E

5. Emetic

Emetic Registered Member

I just installed the free Panda cloud on an old laptop that I use for surfing and very little else. Avira and Avast are kind of a known quantity to me so I thought I would experiment with something else.

The machine is 7 years old and it's reached the point where it makes sense to put Linux on there as I use it for nothing else apart from catching a bit of news or research while my other boxes are humming aways.

Lot's of people seem to like Panda here, so I thought I would have a 'final fling', before I settle on a distro for it. If it uses less resources than Avira or Avast it will be a bonus. They are both fine Anti-Virus for sure and the two I recommend to novices starting out.

I have Comodo (except for av obviously) in full paranoid mode on there along with prevx (free) checking as it goes. Malwarebytes, SAS and Hitman Pro all get to have a go at it every few days as well. Not forgetting sandboxie.

I got infected with something for the first time in years though on this particular machine. After visiting myspace. All Av (avira) and the programs I mentioned missed it. In fact I don't even think it was a virus but some kind of system corruption. My machine magicly started working again after doing a full scan with Bit Defender rescue cd. I'm not sure what it found, but it worked (after trying a couple of other rescue cds), so I am not complaining.

If I sound blase it is because I am. This machine is pretty much redundant, so it will be interesting to see how Panda copes on a very old, but still very usable machine. It has over a gig of RAM and a 2.8 GHz Celeron, so for surfing it copes ok......

Sorry for the ramble. I'll let you know how I get on speed wise, should be interesting in a totally arbitrary, random kind of way.

Btw, I was going to put Avast on there to try the new version, but I couldn't find a way to dl it easily so gave up...

cheers.

6. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

It's been quite a while since anyone has posted here. Anything new to report on Panda Cloud...o_O :eek: :D

7. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

panda is snoring right now :argh:

8. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

Over at the Panda CAV forum somebody has reported that it is quacking like a duck (true) o_O

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

after my concerns with Webroot, I am pretty sure Panda would be the only other product I will consider in 2012. I really like Panda Cloud and they have done a great job. Pbust I am sure is working on the icing and they had hinted summer, would probaly be the release time for 2.0.

But Eset is so smoooooooooooooooth.:D

10. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

If this is true then the 2.0 vesion may have to be named Panda Mallard 2.0...:eek: :cool: :eek:

11. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

I like Panda CAV, but am not using it any more due to an issue with Windows Update.
    Tried the usual fixes etc from Microsoft (ID25, 8024402F etc) no joy.
    Unistalled

Might try it again when the horrendous disk I/O is sorted out:ninja:

12. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Registered Member

Hey! Pbust :D

Any news about the upcoming Panda Cloud 2.0 ??
    Haven't heard any progress for the last few months...

Could you please update us about the development track of this long beta ?? :doubt:

Also are you guys planning to release Panda Cloud straight-away when its completed OR planning to release another beta (or release candidate) before the final version o_O

Any new features been added after v1.9.1 beta except the firewall ? :cautious:

Regards,
    Dark Lord

13. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

lol You didn't have to post it twice. :D

14. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

just installed into sandbox - what the heck - its big 117 megs!?
    even eset has not that size (65megs). and its slow, really slow.

15. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

What Sandbox did you install it into?

16. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

sandboxie with admin rights and web access.
    ofc it could not start protection service, sandboxie cant do this but
    the on-demand scanner is still working like many antivirus tools.

purpose was to replace malwarebytes on my win7 x64 which got annoying
    with blocking websites although that option was turned off.
    x64 is for testing purpose only not for working, usage once a week.
    next try was ad-aware and auslogics (from vb100 rap top right corner)
    f-secure should have been next but also no freeware.

i saw PCAV counting files in a slow manner. biggest surprise was the database
    which confused me cause it is named "cloud av" it should be
    "signature based scanning with cloud support for unknown files"
    any newer product has some kind of "cloud" connection.

17. Reimer

Reimer Registered Member

Usually put my Win7 Pro 64-bit system to sleep/hibernate when I'm away. Came home from work the other day and found the system shutdown. I booted back up and was greeted with a BSOD about 5 minutes in. It rebooted itself too quick for me to see what the BSOD said.

When I logged back in, the system froze up within 10 minutes and I had to hit the reset button. This continued until, on a hunch, I uninstalled PCAV 1.5.2 and no issues since.

I've been using 1.5.2 for a few weeks until that day so I didn't necessarily pin it to PCAV being the culprit. All I know is once I got rid of it, the problems went away and I haven't done any major hardware/driver changes in a long time. It was also before yesterdays patch tuesday.

18. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

I've uninstalled it also a few weeks ago, difference without Panda 1.5.2 is night&day regarding system responsiveness.

19. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Same here, I uninstalled it in my parents computer. At first it was very light but after a few days it make the machine crawl.

I agree, I thought PCAV only cache for offline protection, but I guess they download it just like an AV.

20. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

yes i have noticed that on every system i have installed/uninstalled it on. maybe because they have low ram usage so they make up for that with higher disk access and cpu cycles.

21. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

My Panda Cloud license will expire on 23 July.My question is where do i have to insert my new license,as it says RENEW on PCAV's UI and this thing sends me to a buy link?

22. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

And i thought it was my laptop that was lagging. It feels weird ever since i've installed Panda Cloud on it. Before with avast! and Kingsoft Cloud, it wasn't doing anything like this. Or at least not to such extent to be noticeable...

23. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Same here. I have a test production machine that I use for testing AVs on..........I don't test detection, just how the product effects the machine, and its overall ease of use. Before installing an AV, I always mount a clean image that has nothing on the machine, except all windows updates and CCleaner.

Panda Cloud AV is one of, if not the heaviest AV that I have used in terms of how the system responds...NOT JUST RAM. Also, it seems to get worse the longer that it's installed. I used all of the default settings, and did a full system scan (takes forever) to "populate" my system to PCA, but no matter what I do, the machine just seems to hang after a click or the push of a button.

BTW, the lightest AV of all in terms of system responsiveness?? MSE 4 :thumb:

24. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

I kind of agree....:gack:

25. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I find the new Kingsoft AV to be the lightest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.