Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.5 final release

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

I run MBAM Pro in realtime on my laptop and started using Panda Cloud Free just yesterday. I added Panda Security to the ignore list in MBAM. On my computer, that is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security. Admittedly, my usage of the two has only been for about a total of one day, but I have seen no conflicts so far.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Panda Cloud is very good. In fact, it may be the best thing out there. Some, with their petty efforts to discount Panda over the hacking incident, wasted their time and intelligence.

Me? I am waiting on the final product. I honestly feel it may be the best of all, wrapped into one light product. Or, with other vendors, the "What we wanted our product to be, but never achieved."

Panda is deploying itself with this product, to hopefully do, a broader sweep of change of all their products, on just how well Cloud does, once released.

I really think, this is a sleeping time bomb, that will eventually make it harder for other paid products to compete.

3. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

true but Avast 7 free has set the bar pretty high now.

4. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

I tried it twice since official release and both times found a bloated and buggy piece.

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

We're getting off topic, but for the record the latest release of Avast is 7.0.1426 and generally people are saying that the big bugs, such as BSOD, have been fixed. There's an ongoing Avast thread here...

6. pianistaPL

pianistaPL Registered Member

Hi all,

First, i want to say that i know quite well on the security and i am not spamer ;) I'd like to talk about the protection provided by Panda Cloud AV PRO

As you know, the Pro version has advanced behavioral scanner, which is to block unknown and unwanted programs. Unfortunately, the Pro version can not cope with the rootkit ZAcces, WinLockiem and Fake AV Antivirus Protection 2012 and its variants. I tried it on a virtual machine. After extracting the samples, Panda has detected two out of three files, which brought back because I wanted to check Proactive Protection Unfortunately, Panda did not react.
    Samples were provided malware hunter from www.forum.safegroup.pl
    If so, Explain to me how much is it really worth the Pro version, which is quite expensive?
    What do we pay? For theoretically better protection? For pseudo-scanner behavioral?

Cheers

Sorry for my English, i use Google Translator

7. Esse

Esse Registered Member

+1
    What does Panda have up their sleeve to regain former zero day protection.

/E

8. pbust

pbust AV Expert

So you happen to come across a handful of samples which are not detected by PCAV? I fail to see what's the big deal here.

I can do the same thing for any other AV on the market, be it free or pro. Just tell me a name of an AV brand and it'll take me 5 minutes to find a handful of malware not detected by that particular brand of AV.

If you want to do something useful send me the files or md5 hashes of the undetected files so we can analyze them and detect them if they are really malicious. If you don't want to send them to me directly at least send them to VT so that all the AV labs can get access to those samples to protect their respective userbase.

9. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

don't be fooled by all the bells and whistles, x shields and so on. the whole product dynamic test is of importance. as a former avast user (few years) and now a PCAV user, I can tell you PCAV is much better (better detection, no lags, no update issues, maintenance free).
    sorry about the OT, couldn't help myself.

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Actually the avast! 7 proactive score is severely higher compared to v6. But this is for some other thread...

11. kero68

kero68 Registered Member

Anyone have any more news on when Panda Cloud will be compatible with Windows 8 RCo_O?

12. marc57

marc57 Registered Member

Nice little A/V. I use it on my "Yard sale box" that doesn't have enough power to run MSE.

13. desertjon

desertjon Registered Member

When the first version of Panda Cloud was released..I installed it and was very happy for about two weeks..then everything stopped working on the program..then other little things begin to become disabled on my pc..so I reinstalled Windows..only to find out Panda had removed two thirds of my files in my registry..It took 3 Windows installs to restore all my files..I then sent Panda a hot little email but got no response..A week later I noticed they had added a Legal Disclaimer on their site..I guess I wasnt the only victim..and I hope the newer versions have improved..but you wont see me installing one of them,..My problem wasnt caused by a virus or malware..Full scans showed my pc was clean

14. carat

carat Guest

No problems at all :) Try to install PCAV on a fresh system ...

15. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

How exactly did it take 3 installs to restore files? A clean install on a formated and partitioned HD should only need one install. What exactly "stopped working"?

16. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

I can't imagine any antivirus could do that, remove two thirds of the registry files. except that computer runs almost exclusively viruses.

17. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I just checked PCAV's event log, before 1.5.2 update, about half of the synchronizations failed, since the update all were succesfull :thumb:

18. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

@ Desertjon

After re-installs of your windows due to two try outs of Anti Virus products, you might be interested in image backup/recovery software like Paragon Free, Macrium, Easeus or Keriver 1 click. Saves a lot of time and frustation IMO :cool:

19. Jodiuh

Jodiuh Registered Member

^^I have always used Acronis, but I need something that works w/ the latest SSD's, ie. Intel 520 (Sandforce 2).

Just reinstalled Windows, so I figured I'd come back and see if Avira, Avast, etc have any thing I might prefer over Panda Cloud, which I've been using for about a year now? I've never had a BSOD w/ Panda, and the mere mention of the issue will probably kill any chance of using Avast for years.

My SSD died due to a BSOD, hence the attitude. I had no backup. :D

Panda Cloud it is!

20. carat

carat Guest

Is there a PCAV uninstaller tool available? :doubt:

21. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

22. carat

carat Guest

Thank you :thumb:

23. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

my pleasure :)

24. carat

carat Guest

How can a PCAV user determine if the connection to the cloud has been interrupted? :doubt:

25. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Like when you still have an active connection..?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.