Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.5 final release

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

....:)

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

thanks Pedro, all of that makes sense now and will only make this product more outstanding. Keep up the good work to all the Panda busy hands, behind the scenes.:thumb:

3. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

I must say I installed the free PCAV and am really satisfied. I also like the panda icon in the system tray, very nice. my wife just loves the icon and wants to install panda on the other computer too (I will do that, but not for this reason :) ).
    keep up the good job, Panda.

4. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

God love her!!
    Reminds me of the negative press MSE got for its icon.
    I mean really, do people out there really rate software on grounds of an icon?
    They do, oh my god................................!!!!

:D

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Community based? How will that work?

6. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

Good Job :thumb: Panda Team..and you,Pedro

Good result in Protection & Usability, Repair needs improve !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

you made the right choice.:thumb:

8. dansorin

yes, I'm sure I did. where can I see the information about the installed version? can't find that. (I know I have the 1.5.1, but I'd like to see that info somewhere.)

9. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Click "?" upper right corner -> About Panda Cloud Antivirus.

10. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

If Panda Cloud blocks a file from accessing the internet, the firewall notification will give you information (ip address, remote port, file location) and a rating of the file. The rating system is community-based.

It reminds me of WebRep and Norton. ;)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  11. dansorin

thank you. as usual in such cases, this was the only button i didn't click on. :)

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

PBust, check your PMs.

13. carat

carat Guest

How do I know if the connection to the cloud has been interrupted? :doubt:

14. pbust

pbust AV Expert

When you "flip" the interface to the config window the first thing from the top is the connection status. This monitor constantly checks general network connectivity and connectivity to Collective Intelligence (cloud-scanning backend). If connectivity is broken it will show in red with appropriate text.

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Maybe it would be smart to have this indicator in the frontend of the interface and not burried inside settings...

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

why? Mine has never been disconnected. The part Pbust is talking about is part of the network proxy setup so it really would be inappropriate on the main gui. So it isnt buried but more like all other products, just not the main focus.:cautious:

As I said before, mine has never been a issue so I have never even seen this message. Plus the offline cache protection keeps me secure. You can shoot darts at this product but it is solid as a rock.:thumb:

17. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I have noticed sometimes that while the computer is still connected to the net, the GUI indicates that panda has no connection, or once suddenly during a full scan, it says to connect to the cloud for better detection but the computer is connected and websites are accessible, so I do think that they should give an indication in systray icon so users notice when something is wrong, and if it is caused by a bug, it can be investigated and solved :)

18. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It's the main spotlight of the product. Why do you think all the other programs make big fuss if they are out of date (old signatures)? Panda could be busted for days or weeks for reason unknown and you wouldn't even know it is busted unless you'd get infected or you'd be watching the settings daily to be sure.

19. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Agree with you. I like the program but I think there is still room for some improvment. I don't want to watch the settings every day just to make sure my connection is O.K.

20. ziaul

ziaul Registered Member

+1

Ziaul

21. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Had to drop Panda due to connection issues. Bummer.

22. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yeah, I have to agree with this too. Some sort of more visible indication would be a good idea....

23. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

3G mobile modem?

24. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

While i think it's a an ok idea, i also think that the support inbox would be flooded for no reason if antsy users momentarily loses the connection to the Panda servers. Those who wants to check can just run a quick scan.....if there's no connection to the servers it will tell you in the scan window.

25. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Were you running the beta by any chance? As the PCAV FW does not register yet with the WSC sometimes both PCAV and Windows FW are running at the same time and this generates the notice in the GUI saying it's not connected. But this is just a side effect of the PCAV FW beta. In final version it will register itself correctly in the WSC and not have these problems.

You're 100% correct. Sometimes micro-cuts in connectivity, timeouts, both generically to the Internet as well as specifically to our CI servers can generate a huge flood of support tickets when it really isn't a big deal and nothing to be worried about. The real-time cloud-scanning component has its own mechanism to deal with connectivity issues, timeouts, retries, etc. You can configure this in the "time to wait for an answer from cloud servers" settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.