Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.5 final release

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

please all, post back you experience with it, especially detection ability. I am very interested in how it stands the tests of Wilders members.

2. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Forgot to mention this in the release notes, but there's a new website design at www.cloudantivirus.com where we've also added a trial version of the PRO edition.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

looks good Pedro, and I think we all already know you give us VIP support here. I actually have been know to abuse support so I thank you for always being there.

4. pbust

pbust AV Expert

My please, as (almost) always ;)

5. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

@ Pbust,

What ever happened to the talks of a possible lifetime key for computers? That would be great. but keep the cost high like $99

6. pbust

pbust AV Expert

We haven't considered doing that just yet. But keep an eye on our Contests & Giveaway sub-forum (http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum/forum.jspa?forumID=50216) as we might be doing a 2 or 3 year license contest shortly.

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

yeah, now you mention it.:doubt:

Oh well, I would urge folks to grab that 50 percent discount on the product before Panda shuts it down.;)

Remember, license doesnt start till you activate it.

8. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I just got the Pro version from the Facebook giveaway. Will manually installing affect the license? Should I wait for the automatic update instead?

9. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

yup i bought two today :D

10. pbust

pbust AV Expert

The Facebook promo installer already includes the 1.5 version and has the 6-month license embedded in the installer, so no separate license key is necessary. If you already have a Free version installed (not Facebook) then you need to uninstall it and install the Facebook version as the license will activate for 6 months during install.

11. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Well its going to be a contest, not a giveaway, so only very few will get it :)

12. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Just keep running 50% discounts :D

13. trjam

trjam Registered Member

hey, I dug that one up, and the MBAM one and the Avast one and the Vipre one, and the one, shhhhhhhhhh, coming. but it is a great deal.

14. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Might not be there that much longer.

15. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

what kind of renewal discount is there from year to year?

16. J_L

J_L Registered Member

It asks for uninstallation of the old version, isn't there a way to overwrite install? I don't want to lose my settings again.

What about automatic install, when will that be pushed out? Does it work on the Facebook version?

17. pbust

pbust AV Expert

No cannot overwrite install as it is a special build.

Automatic upgrades have started today for a few hours. Tomorrow we will push it for a few more hours and increase a bit every day. We are doing this progressively to monitor for any potential problems. Yes the FB version includes the automatic and transparent upgrades just like the free and pro versions.

18. clocks

clocks Registered Member

FWIW - I have not tested the final version yet, but did test the beta 3-4x, with about 25-30 links each time. If I recall, Panda was 100%. I think PCAV is probably my favorite free solution at the moment.

19. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I see.

Can you tell me when exactly so I won't miss it?

Well, due to my impatience I'm stuck trying to install the new version. It says my PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements, which I've never experienced even during the RC. What I'm missing (which I've turned off for good) is Internet Explorer. Preposterous, what part of Panda Cloud needs that?!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  20. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes it does need a working install of IE6 at least. As you know some IE components are used by the base OS as well.

21. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Those components needed by Panda Cloud install are obviously not used by Windows 7. I've temporarily turned IE on and then off once finished activation. Panda Cloud works fine.

Why does it need IE? I've never heard of an AV that requires a specific browser. Does the automatic update include the same senseless requirements? What about future versions?

22. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Why is "Background scanning after cache synchronization" disabled by default? Isn't this feature meant to speed up scanning or i got it wrong?

23. J_L

J_L Registered Member

24. pbust

pbust AV Expert

There's a proxy config and automatic config which pulls from IE. If you're not behind a proxy you probably didn't encounter that functionality.

Regarding the disabled BackgroundScan after synch, having it disabled means the BackgroundScan doesn't happen therefore improving performance.

25. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I installed the Pro version from the facebook promo. I quickly uninstalled it. It installed a Panda tool bar. I hate security software that install tool bars. It also changed my home page. I don't know if the free version, or the pro version downloaded from Panda does that, but I won't be installing it to see if it does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.