Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.3

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

2. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Pbust, did a automatic update happen? Just now i started my pc and FF and now only the buttons i want to show are there. :D

EDIT:
    Hmm i might have spoken to soon. I looked at the settings in the toolbar, and after shutting down FF and restarting the shopping button was back but not the coupons button. I started IE8 to see if it hat the same problem but it does not. But to my surprise after having used IE8 and just now restarting FF....the buttons are again the way i want them to be?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  3. Sputnik

@Morro
    I'm not so sure about the automatic update. I would recommend you to uninstall the toolbar completely, reboot and reinstall using the new (v2.0.0.5) setup.

4. Morro

Morro Registered Member

That is the one i already hat installed since the late evening yesterday. Since i was one of the people who hat a bug Pbust PM'ed me and asked me to install the new version, and see if that solved the problem.

We pm'ed for a while and after having given him the information he asked for during that time, he said he would look in to the problem. It is now a matter of waiting. But till then i did remove the tool bar and left the Url filter installed. :)

5. mew2

mew2 Registered Member

i uninstalled avast because it caused problems with my notebook and switched to panda cloud because of its good reviews. I also got a free lic from cnet (thanks for it) and upgrade to pro. However, after 2 days of using, the program stopped its services. I tried to open the program but it told me to renew my subscription. What happened to this? In short i cannot open the program so i uninstalled it and install again but now using the free version. But now i got new issue: mscenter cannot detect the program which means that the program did not register itself in the mscenter? Any idea?? Thanks for the help.;)

6. carat

carat Guest

I hope Panda will fix it soon ... :doubt:

7. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

The free license giveaway page is still working, so you could try a new license after you have your security center issue fixed.

8. Arin

Arin Registered Member

I installed the latest toolbar v2.0.0.5. It worked fine and then I uninstalled the toolbar keeping only the antiphishing component.

On the next reboot panda2_0dn.exe did not load up. Instead the path C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Panda Security opened up automatically.

The same thing happened on the next boot as well.

I checked autostart entries and put double-quotes around C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Panda Security Toolbar Antiphishing\panda2_0dn.exe. That fixed the problem.

Now I did not face any issues with the old version of the toolbar. With the new version, this specific problem could be re-created on my machine.

Anyone else facing it when you uninstall toolbar keeping the antiphishing component?

9. gazs1

gazs1 Registered Member

i had to do the same, not a biggie really but would be a nightmare for an average user, on the bonus side the toolbar works now on the limited accounts on my box.

10. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes that's exactly what we are doing. Now that the toolbar issue is fixed we'll create a new build and upgrade the 1.1.x users to 1.3 and then we will push out the fixed rule to everyone.

Yes we saw that in this test build that we sent around to a few people only. Now that we know the toolbar and URL filtering works, we'll create a new build to distribute to everybody.

11. Sputnik

@pbust
    Thanks! Will you post a notify once the new build is available?

12. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Sure will, and thanks everyone for testing it and reporting the problems!

13. Sputnik

@pbust
    I think I can speak for all when I say my pleasure. Thanks for your support on the forums and PM/e-mail and looking forward to the new build.

14. fblais

fblais Registered Member

@pbust:
    If someone don't use the toolbar, the new build isn't necessary to install, no?

Regards,
    François

15. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

How is the URL scanner compared to say LinkExtend? Or is it more similar to AVG's link scanner and Dr Webs Link scanner?

16. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Scaryween Everyone ! Just wondering, I'm somewhat reluctant in running Toolbars...as a general question...is there enough too the Panda/Yahoo Toolbar to add quality and effectiveness for your Browser and Surfing needs ? I have Firefox 3.6 with WOT AND Prevx 3.0 with Safe-On-Line...both seem to provide adequate protection. Any feedback regarding Panda's Toobar...and my set-up would be as always appreciated. Sincerely...Securon

17. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Running great on my brothers laptop :D
    PCAV 1.3

18. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Correct
    The URL filtering that comes with the toolbar (even though it works separately from the toolbar, ie: the toolbar can be uninstalled afterwards to only keep the URL filtering) is using Panda's own malicious URL feed. From that respect it (a) works under most major browsers, not only IE and FF and (b) is complementary to other URL filtering products you might have. Unlike with AV where having 2 or more AVs working in real-time can cause conflicts and problems, with URL filtering you can have multiple products without the conflicts, while providing additional protection (what one URLscanner might miss, another might catch).

19. gazs1

gazs1 Registered Member

just to letpeople know ive posted on the sandboxie forum about the url filter not working sandboxed and tzuk is looking into it and will post an update:D

20. carat

carat Guest

Thank you :thumb:

pbust - Your upgrader should use Cloud_AV_Uninstaller.exe to prevent the windows security center fault :)

21. geko

geko Registered Member

So lets see if I get it right.

Identity Protection doesnt work without the toolbar.
    You can uninstall the toolbar, but then you lose ID protection.

Uninstalling the toolbar you still have the Malicious Web & URL Filtering feature.

Now, why does Revo Uninstaller say that the Malicious Web & URL Filtering feature, is from Visicom Media?

Visicom Media is the licensor (developer) of the toolbar.

EULA:
    PRIVACY NOTICE:
    BY PROCEEDING TO INSTALL THE TOOLBAR, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT, UPON ITS INSTALLATION, THE TOOLBAR WILL MODIFY THE SETTINGS OF YOUR BROWSER CONCERNING "DNS ERROR PAGE", "ERROR 404 PAGE", "ADDRESS BAR SEARCH", "NEW TAB" AND "DEFAULT BROWSER SEARCH". FURTHERMORE, ONCE INSTALLED, THE TOOLBAR MAY COMMUNICATE CERTAIN BASIC USAGE INFORMATION TO LICENSOR and/or VISICOM MEDIA, Inc. ("VISICOM") VIA ("APPLICATIONSTAT.COM") TO HELP LICENSOR COMPILE GLOBAL STATISTICS CONCERNING USAGE OF THE TOOLBAR BY USERS (for example concerning the number of installations and unique users, the number of clicks which the Toolbar receives, the number of searches performed by users, etc.). Such statistical information will not include any personally identifiable information regarding users.

The Toolbar does collect the user's IP address. The purpose of collecting this data is to enable proper geographic localization. For instance, the weather feature present on the Toolbar uses this IP address to generate the current weather based on the user's current location. While the IP address is stored for backup purposes, LICENSOR does not use this information for any other purpose. Other than the IP address, no other personal identifiable information is being collected.

Why would I want any feature from a company that collects data from me?

I thought I was searching for an antivirus (security software)?

22. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I use Sandboxie 100% and Panda did block one site for me, however, I am still using 01.01.02. My Panda has not auto-updated yet.

23. gazs1

gazs1 Registered Member

The shopping and coupon buttons still wont remove in firefox!!, they are gone till you restart and then they are there again and im using the latest toolbar build.:eek:

24. jason_jiang

jason_jiang Registered Member

just a bit curious about the process PSANToManager.exe. does anyone have idea on its function? :rolleyes:

25. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I know it launches when malware removal takes place but I have seen it at other times to. Most likely maybe software updates, or maybe some heuristic analysis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.